HD absolute access charge?

I was speaking with and accout rep yesterday afternoon reviewing my bill.

I was told that I had the 29.99 plus a 6.00 asscess fee, (plus local taxes of course).

Questioned her regarding this, informed that I had read that this should not be assessed the 6.00 fee. She checked with some supervisor, was confirmed that I would have this 6.00 fee as the Absolute package was no longer a qualifying package.

Any comments and/or clarification would be very helpful before I send them my money. I do not do paperless billing.

I was speaking with and accout rep yesterday afternoon reviewing my bill.

I was told that I had the 29.99 plus a 6.00 asscess fee, (plus local taxes of course).

Questioned her regarding this, informed that I had read that this should not be assessed the 6.00 fee. She checked with some supervisor, was confirmed that I would have this 6.00 fee as the Absolute package was no longer a qualifying package.

Any comments and/or clarification would be very helpful before I send them my money. I do not do paperless billing.

Wait till it shows up on your bill then.

Yes it appears the access fee was a mistake or a ploy to wean people off off absolute. I vote for the latter. :D
Ummm...Since we are discussing Dish.

I'd suggest that we should not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

...or a ploy to wean people off off absolute.
I'll admit, I don't like any add'l fees and if anyone says "it's only $6, you send it to me each month. It is "only $6" after all." $6 won't wean me off of HD Absolute, that's for sure !! What's the closest package Dish offers and how much does it cost ? Pretty sure it ain't $35-40/month.

Ummm...Since we are discussing Dish.

I'd suggest that we should not attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

"(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: But you can avoid the charge by changing your package to a basic one. "

Is this what your referring to?

Last edited:
I'll admit, I don't like any add'l fees and if anyone says "it's only $6, you send it to me each month. It is "only $6" after all." $6 won't wean me off of HD Absolute, that's for sure !! What's the closest package Dish offers and how much does it cost ? Pretty sure it ain't $35-40/month.

Exactly, that's why i told the customer service rep. I'll stick with absolute.

"(03) HY3 Kevin M.U1A: But you can avoid the charge by changing your package to a basic one. "

Is this what your referring to?

Yep. Dish CSRs, like HY3 Kevin M.U1A, are merely trying to make sense of yet another nonsensical situation created by incompetent Dish management who can't (or won't) clearly and consistently communicate with Dish customers about almost every aspect of their business. For example, the Dish web site is notoriously inaccurate, incomplete and/or out of date, as this thread clearly demonstrates.

Talon Dancer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)