HD and International on ONE Satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KGBhoy

Sep 17, 2010
Denver, CO
I have been planning to switch to HD, especially now that you DTV has an abundance of soccer in HD. However, I also want to keep the Russian channels. Apparently, to have this setup I need 2 dishes, and I absolutely want to avoid this.
A friend of mine got DirecTV recently and was told that there is a plan to move everything to one dish.
Is that true and if so, what is the approximate timeline for this? Has anyone heard about this or is this not true at all?

I have been planning to switch to HD, especially now that you DTV has an abundance of soccer in HD. However, I also want to keep the Russian channels. Apparently, to have this setup I need 2 dishes, and I absolutely want to avoid this.
A friend of mine got DirecTV recently and was told that there is a plan to move everything to one dish.
Is that true and if so, what is the approximate timeline for this? Has anyone heard about this or is this not true at all?

I haven't heard about a time line, but the international channels are supposedly moving to the 110 satellite, which would mean using one dish.

I haven't heard about a time line, but the international channels are supposedly moving to the 110 satellite, which would mean using one dish.

But it would require a Slimline 5 not a SL3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)