HD at 120hz

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, sure. And all 3 of you can take that line and BURN IT IN on your plasma screen so that you can nod and agree with it forever. ;)
It takes someone who is REALLY, REALLY trying to burn in a plasma these days. That's five years old thinking.

OK kind of understand. Just goes to show that they should a gotten a plasma instead of the LCD. Then they could've seen really good HD. :D

Or roughly the same HD as an LCD, but for 2-3 times the price. ;) ;)

Make that 5-10 times the price when you add the increased cost of electricity over the life of the unit...

Well maybe in CA, but for the rest of the world, you have it totally backwards. Plasmas much cheaper than LCDs. End of story.

How much?

Make that 5-10 times the price when you add the increased cost of electricity over the life of the unit...

You don't know what you are talking about. I got my Panny 1080p 42 for 750. How much did you pay for that LCD that has soap opera video quality? The cost of the electric may be a bit more but the PQ is worth it.

Only if they can survive the California power consumption limit laws. Like diesel automobiles, if you can't sell them in California, they aren't long for the US.

BS Did not change the Auto Industry.

Last edited:
#1 Plasmas rule
#2 Panasonic's 600Hz scan Plasma really rules
#3 Plasmas with pixel orbiter are almost impossible to burn in a screen image.

Good luck when the florescent tubes burn out on your LCD TV.

You don't know what you are talking about. I got my Panny 1080p 42 for 750. How much did you pay for that LCD that has soap opera video quality? The cost of the electric may be a bit more but the PQ is worth it.

My 42inch LCD does not have that problem, runs at 240hz instead of 120hz, and is currently selling for under $800.

Is the Panny you are touting the one where the black level dies out after a year or two, a problem that Panasonic acknowledges and says cannot be fixed ?

CNET says: I were buying a plasma TV right now, I would avoid the 2009 line of Panasonic plasmas

PS Power consumption is about 40% of the 42inch Panasonic Plasma...

Last edited:
the dejudder thing reminds me of those old stereo effect spaitial effect boxes that were sold that made your speakers sound further apart. those things were a failure and made most music sound worse.

#1 Plasmas rule
#2 Panasonic's 600Hz scan Plasma really rules
#3 Plasmas with pixel orbiter are almost impossible to burn in a screen image.

Good luck when the florescent tubes burn out on your LCD TV.
How many LCD monitors are still out there working just fine? I've got a Dell 24" that I'm currently using a 2nd display screen in my living room that I got back in 2001.

I bought a Panasonic plasma back in early 2007, a couple month ago the green matrix started to fail which creates a nice color snow that [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgV01eWJvjA"]looks like this[/ame].

The LCDs out there now aren't the same as they were 3 years ago. Displays are faster so motion blur is a thing of the past, and with LED local dimming blacks can rival that of plasma. Also LCD doesn't have image retention, which current plasma displays still have issues with. (Not burn-in, but short term image retention)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts