HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

Hey, am I missing it? I see Discovery HD on the list, but I do not see HD Theater. (Discovery HD Theater) on the list anywhere. Channel 9421 on Dish. I'm sure it's on DirecTV too. Discovery HD and HD Theater are unique channels.

See ya
Tony
Good eye.Thats one of my favorites too. Directv its on 76 and 281 now. I would say 281 is going to be the offical spot now.

dfergie. What is channel 101. I saw ont he Direct forum it was mpeg 2 now mpeg4. Is it a local channle?

The 101 has a Get Out type show(Project My World) with college age girls and Exclusive Concerts of all sorts, Videos (Heart is on right now in HD(timer set for the rest of ;)))and had a Updated version of a American Bandstand type show with current artists performing live in front of young people... Hmmm... showing Passion's on later in HD

How about HD channels not yet on either system?

I can think of 5: MOJO, Wealth TV, Outdoor Channel 2 HD, Lifetime Movie Network, WGN HD

Oh... let's not, please :)

That can get so crazy because EVERYONE says they have an HD channel either coming or available. :)

Before you know it the list will be unmanageable and the net effect is people will not be able to compare the two services which is the original point of the list, isn't it?

See ya
Tony

I noticed that Direct has FSN South Plus listed. How is this channel different from FSN South?

Channel lineup on Dish and AT&T Uverse

Is there someplace that has a side by side lineup in alphabetical order of Dish, AT&T and Direct. With subgroups of HD and Premium channels?

I just got the All HD pack for Dish Network...I live in Chicago, but how come when I go to channel 379 for CSN CHICAGO HD I get the subscribtion menu to buy it. Shouldn't I already have it?

I just got the All HD pack for Dish Network...I live in Chicago, but how come when I go to channel 379 for CSN CHICAGO HD I get the subscribtion menu to buy it. Shouldn't I already have it?

No rsn are in the hd only pack.

No rsn are in the hd only pack.

True... but I don't think it should necessarily be that way. Here's one issue I have concerning the RSN's and the HD Standalone Pack... I have the HD Standalone Pack... and I also have the NBA League Pass.

Now I would think that I should be able to view ALL NBA games (as advertised)... wouldn't you agree?

However, when I try to view my local NBA team on NBA League Pass, it says it is blocked out. Which means it is on my local RSN, which I cannot tune to. Doesn't this seem to conflict with the NBA League Pass which claims that you can view ALL games!?!

I guess at this time it really doesn't matter too much anymore, since there are only 2 remaining games on my local RSN, but they really should have had that resolved. I would be more upset if the season was only half way over.

The Playoffs will all be on National Channels and I really could care less about my local RSN at that point. I'm not really into Baseball that much. I can get some of the games on a local OTA station which will be more than enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)