HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

True... but I don't think it should necessarily be that way. Here's one issue I have concerning the RSN's and the HD Standalone Pack... I have the HD Standalone Pack... and I also have the NBA League Pass.

Now I would think that I should be able to view ALL NBA games (as advertised)... wouldn't you agree?

However, when I try to view my local NBA team on NBA League Pass, it says it is blocked out. Which means it is on my local RSN, which I cannot tune to. Doesn't this seem to conflict with the NBA League Pass which claims that you can view ALL games!?!

I guess at this time it really doesn't matter too much anymore, since there are only 2 remaining games on my local RSN, but they really should have had that resolved. I would be more upset if the season was only half way over.

The Playoffs will all be on National Channels and I really could care less about my local RSN at that point. I'm not really into Baseball that much. I can get some of the games on a local OTA station which will be more than enough.

They do the same to us on NHL CI. We have to watch the game on the RSN, which sucks, because E* does not have MSG in HD, and many times the other team's feed is a HD version, and we can't watch that feed.

You can also get rid of the -1's on Food and HGTV channels on D*.

Also you might want to add 721-1 MLB-EI Strike Zone HD and 722-1 through 749-1 for MLB-HD and 795 through 799 for NASCAR HotPass HD channels. And StarzHD West is on 521

Thanks

I condensed your sports section. Let me know what you think. Just thought I would assist, not trying to step in your domain.

Attachments

• Direct Dish Chart.xls
    46 KB · Views: 214
These are part time event only channels at 129º.

The 61.5º versions uplinked yesterday are not available to subscribers yet.

See ya
Tony

Thanks, Tony. I'm glad that I found this site. I can't seem to get answers from customer service. Unfortunately, I have the 61.5 link. Any guess as to when I might get to see events in HD on Fox Midwest and CSN Chicago?

E*'s website tells me that FSN Midwest and CSN Chicago are in HD. They are not according to my guide and E*'s customer service. I don't get it, what's going on? Below is the link.

DISH Network -- Dish HD

Channel 429 HD is CSN Chicago HD. It is not a 24/7 HD channel. Only live games are shown on the channel. The on screen program guide shows the next broadcast on 429 HD is Friday April 4 : Astros at Cubs.

I believe to see channel 429 HD on the screen program guide you must have a HD programming package.

I have been told by Dish customer service that channel 429 HD does not exist. I have received e-mails from Dish customer service stating that Dish does not have CSN Chicago in HD.

Channel 429 HD is CSN Chicago HD. It is not a 24/7 HD channel. Only live games are shown on the channel. The on screen program guide shows the next broadcast on 429 HD is Friday April 4 : Astros at Cubs.

I believe to see channel 429 HD on the screen program guide you must have a HD programming package.

I have been told by Dish customer service that channel 429 HD does not exist. I have received e-mails from Dish customer service stating that Dish does not have CSN Chicago in HD.
Thanks for the help. I do have the complete HD package, and it doesn't show up. The frusrtating part is the confusion with the folks at customer service.

Thanks for the help. I do have the complete HD package, and it doesn't show up. The frusrtating part is the confusion with the folks at customer service.

To get CSN Chicago HD besides having an HD package you have to be in the Chicago DMA and have America's Top 100 plus or higher.

If you satisfy these requirements and you do not have CSN Chicago in HD something is very wrong.

The customer service people mean well they just do not have a clue. I try to keep in mind it is not their fault. They probably are not supplied with correct information and they receive inadequate training.

Does anybody heard any rumors of CNBC HD coming to DISH . Cant get 119 blocked by a tree

Does anybody heard any rumors of CNBC HD coming to DISH . Cant get 119 blocked by a tree

NBCU had put pressure on E* and other carriers to offer CNBC+ before the start of the summer Olympics. E* and NBCU have entered into an agreement to start coverage of SCI-HD, USA-HD, and another HD channel probably Bravo-HD. Dish carries every channel in SD except for the Chiller channel which was D* exclusive about year ago. The channel is widely available on 4DTV and other providers. There are no plans at this time to launch Chiller-HD. The plans have been delayed until further notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)