HD Channel List: Dish Network vs DirectTV

This is a great list, dfergie. Thanks for maintaining it. Makes it easy to see what I'm missing by staying with E*..... which is.... nothing. I look at the "not available" on E* that D* has and I go... "hmmm.... I don't watch those and wouldn't even if they were available. I spotted 2 that I thought looked like I wanted them, but they are upconverts on D* so like.... who cares.

Makes it a lot easier to sit tight

:)
Glad you like sitting and waiting!

For the defintion of blue would "Channel has mixture of HD and unconverted programs" be better just to make sure people know there is some HD on it?

For the defintion of blue would "Channel has mixture of HD and unconverted programs" be better just to make sure people know there is some HD on it?
YesHD isn't upconverted. They have real HD . Not stretch O vision. Watching YesHD is no different then watchen FOX HD or CBS HD.

Glad you like sitting and waiting!

:)

Hope what I said wasn't construed as a diss. Peoples' viewing habits are different as I think we all know. I'm watching the people switch from E* to D* and some of them sound like they're going just because of quantity. And that's ok. Whatever floats your boat and all that. Based on what *I* watch, or WANT to watch.... there's still no compelling reason for me to change. Both providers are guilty of "fluffing" numbers. *shrug*

It's TV. Go outside and play once in a while.

:D

In my opinion that definition would mark a majority of stations blue. Few channels are in 100% true HD all the time... And in reality most show some older shows that were recorded before the advent of HDTV, so they can not be "true" HD, they have to be remastered upconverts. Those stations do a real good job though so the old stuff looks great most of the time, unlike TBS...

While I appreciate the attempt to show the differences between channels and the HD they show the only fair way to do it is mark it as true HD if ANY true HD is shown and Upconvert if they ONLY show upconverted material. SciFi may only show 10 hours a week of HD, but if that material is all of their top rated shows, that is in my opinion, better than Smithsonian showing 100% true HD of the same 20 shows over and over again.

Different people have different opinions, and that is great. So opionions on if enough HD is on any given channel to be called a HD channel will vary person to person. In my opinion showing stations that do have some true HD as Upconvert only on the chart is misleading.

Did anyone watch the Big Ten/ACC Challenge last night?

It's sponsored by Dish Network and they are literally stating in their ad spots, "Dish Network has the most HD channels and the best DVR." How in the hell are they getting away with this?

I am a fairly happy E* customer but this is disgusting. Most, if not all, of us on this site know the facts but what about prospective customers? Bending the truth with subjective statements is one thing but this is an outright lie.

Animal Planet
Discovery
Histoty
National Geo
Science Channel
TLC
all show upconverted content
also the nhl network and nba tv hd is a full time channel on e*

Don, need to add 655-1 FSN Bay Area. You also have 625 listed twice, once as SNY HD and right under it SportsNet New York, they're they same.

Thanks for keeping this up to date.

Lot's of jabber here but I see no required changes. All channels have some upconverted content. If some channels can be identified as 100% upconvert I will edit my lists accordingly.

Can someone confirm FSN Bay Area. I list as 654-1, is this correct.

Added NHL Network
Fixed some sd/hd color codes
fixed the rsn section

Attachments

• v2.0a.xls
    36 KB · Views: 174

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)