HD channels ahead of SD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txscorp

Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
When Directv launched it's first wave of HD channels, the SD channel would appear first and then by selecting channel up you would receive the HD channel. Maybe this has been touched upon by others, but today I noticed that the HD channels are coming in first and if you channel up, you'll get the SD version. Is this a recent occurrence or have I been out of the loop? Have not seen a post regarding this but don't follow things all that closely.

I think the HD channel is now listed as the preferred channel; and seeks it first.

Is this what you are asking?

How do I do this on my H20? I'm still getting the SD number if I enter the channel number. My HR20 is working fine.

I have the H20 and it now goes to the HD channel first. :D Before that it was frustrating as hell going to the HD channels

I have not read if the H20 has received the firmware upgrade to do this yet.

There are 2 updates for the H20, one for the H20-600 and one for the H20-100. The update for the 600 was released 11/1 and should have made it's way across the entire US by now. The update for the 100 just started around thanksgiving and is still working its way across the US.

I am in PA and have an H20-100 and have not received the update yet.

How do I do this on my H20? I'm still getting the SD number if I enter the channel number. My HR20 is working fine.
As has been posted, there is a software fix for this that SHOULD be making the rounds everywhere.

If you have a H20 that goes to the SD channel first when you type in the number try this.

Press Red reset button inside access card cover,when you get the first blue hello screen,type in the numbers "02468" on the remote control.

The unit will after reboot report "New Software Found" if new software is found for your unit."It will take 5-10 mins to download and reboot to new software.

Did this yesterday and my unit now goes to the HD version first when I type in the channel number.

There are 2 updates for the H20, one for the H20-600 and one for the H20-100. The update for the 600 was released 11/1 and should have made it's way across the entire US by now. The update for the 100 just started around thanksgiving and is still working its way across the US.

I am in PA and have an H20-100 and have not received the update yet.

Thanks for that info! Teamwork!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts