HD Channels are Launched

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Everthing is good on my end. Downgraded Starz and Showtime on E* and added it to D*. Just to add if you are getting the Extention 721 sign on the new HD channels that you really do subscribe too ,Just restart your receiver,and it will fix the problem. Example 518,519 and HD 520 Starz channels had this message for me but all the other starz channels were there .

I am a golf fan but do not see the Golf Channel HD Channel?

Any one see it?

Thanks

Its Versus/GolfHD. I believe in the guide it is VSGFHD. It is the next channel up from Versus. I don't believe it is the golf channel in HD, but rather they will be showing live sports from Versus and the Golf channel on it.

must be cause its early in the morning and i'm still sleepy but i haven't detected a noticeable difference in pq yet. but that's me.

btw, does anyone know...........the mpeg2 hd on the 70's channels like tnt, espn and espn2........is the duplicate channel 245, 206 and 209 mpeg4?

Then where are they I see no HD on Weather Channel (360), or others. I have Total Choice Plus programming. What the hell? Calming down some but still pissed.
I have that package too and I am getting all the HD CH. You need to check everything. Just trying to help.

Come on people... no one is talking about the PQ here. Isn't it amazing! Full HD Baby!
Lets just say E* really needs to worry,No joke! Looking at E* MPEG4,it is NOWHERE NEAR as good as D* new MPEG4.I can honestly say with just these 21 HD channel with D* I bet E* is going to lose some customers.

must be cause its early in the morning and i'm still sleepy but i haven't detected a noticeable difference in pq yet. but that's me.

btw, does anyone know...........the mpeg2 hd on the 70's channels like tnt, espn and espn2........is the duplicate channel 245, 206 and 209 mpeg4?
My 1080p Sony XBR can tell a Difference.With as many people with 1080p tv's this is clearly the way to go.With my 768p Phillips PQ looks a little better,but not as dramatic as the Sony.

Last edited:
The Weather Channel is 362, once you are there hit the Channel Up button and the HD should pop up.

Still not getting it now my receiver H20 shows a blue light on but no video being seen on my tv. I can hear audio from other channels. Calming down a bit more now, but something new has now appeared. Rebooting

MPEG4 for all HDs on the same channel as the SD counterpart.

Very early in the thread someone posted a list of the channels but missed some.. so here is what I compiled:

A&EHD
Animal Planet HD
Big Ten HD
CNNHD
Discovery HD
History HD
NFL HD
Showtime 2 HD
Showtime West HD
Smithsonian HD
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz HD
Starz Family HD
TBS HD
The Movie Channel HD
The Science Channel HD
The Weather Channel HD
TLC HD
Versus/Golf HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)