HD Channels are Launched

Status
Please reply by conversation.
must be cause its early in the morning and i'm still sleepy but i haven't detected a noticeable difference in pq yet. but that's me.

btw, does anyone know...........the mpeg2 hd on the 70's channels like tnt, espn and espn2........is the duplicate channel 245, 206 and 209 mpeg4?

I think in time your going to notice the difference in picture quality. That is once you fully wake up you will notice it lol. Also the HD version of ESPN HD, TNT HD etc are the "same" channel number as the SD only versions of the channel. So even if you have three different channels only the HD version that is placed in the channel spot of the SD version will be the MPEG4. So ESPN HD and TNT HD channels in the 70s are still only MPEG2. Also it doesn't seem like the HDNet channels, Universal HD etc are offered on a different channel number so I cannot say if they are MPEG2 or MPEG4. I can say that they look so much better compared to the past weeks so I'm still happy either way.

Man... the PQ... I know I said it already, but dang! I don't believe anyone can say they have seen better PQ than what we are seeing on some of these channels!

Just look at CNN! :)

must be cause its early in the morning and i'm still sleepy but i haven't detected a noticeable difference in pq yet. but that's me.

btw, does anyone know...........the mpeg2 hd on the 70's channels like tnt, espn and espn2........is the duplicate channel 245, 206 and 209 mpeg4?
Also will they be getting rid of espn and espn2 on ch 72, 73? Plus TNTHD on 75.

Rebooted system and still not getting the "new" HD channels. Again, I have the Total Choice Plus package so I should be getting these channels right? I see channel 77 has a screen saying the channels are launched but I am not seeing those channels in HD. Everything has been fine up to now, 9300 and 9301 came in during testing and I know the b-band thing is working. I have checked all "new" channels and they are all in SD.

Man... the PQ... I know I said it already, but dang! I don't believe anyone can say they have seen better PQ than what we are seeing on some of these channels!

Just look at CNN! :)

I am, and all I see is the fuzziness, out of focus look that SD has on a HDTV. Not in HD for me. What the hell?

Rebooted system and still not getting the "new" HD channels. Again, I have the Total Choice Plus package so I should be getting these channels right? I see channel 77 has a screen saying the channels are launched but I am not seeing those channels in HD. Everything has been fine up to now, 9300 and 9301 came in during testing and I know the b-band thing is working. I have checked all "new" channels and they are all in SD.
Call D* and ask why you not getting the new CHs. I think thats your best way to go. Don't talk about upgrading your package, just demand they fix the problem. Good luck!

First if you haven't done so just check that your program guide is showing all channels and not your custom favorites list. Once you can see all channels (if needed) check for the channels. If that doesn't work do these things next.

First can you see the channels in the guide but get an error message tuning them in (ie channel not purchased 721 message)? If the answer to this question is yes than I'd suggest you call DirecTV so they can update your account.

If you cannot see the channels at all in your guide "and" your not viewing the guide using a custom channel list or favorites list than I'd suggest you call DirecTV as its a much bigger issue for your account for whatever reason.

Edit....Also consider that DirecTV must send an update to all DirecTV MPEG4 HD boxes to update the access card with the new channel lineups. So its a good chance your specific accounts and/or boxes didn't get the update or it didn't go as planned thus why your not seeing the new channels. Maybe some customers haven't got the update yet too we don't know. Again your best bet right now is to call DirecTV and I bet they can fix it right away as I have a feeling the update to your access cards didn't work as planned so they can update it manually while your on the phone.

I think in time your going to notice the difference in picture quality. That is once you fully wake up you will notice it lol. Also the HD version of ESPN HD, TNT HD etc are the "same" channel number as the SD only versions of the channel. So even if you have three different channels only the HD version that is placed in the channel spot of the SD version will be the MPEG4. So ESPN HD and TNT HD channels in the 70s are still only MPEG2. Also it doesn't seem like the HDNet channels, Universal HD etc are offered on a different channel number so I cannot say if they are MPEG2 or MPEG4. I can say that they look so much better compared to the past weeks so I'm still happy either way.

funny thing, i should notice it on the jvc 52 in 1080p i have in the living room. give me a little while, it does take my body longer to get going in the morning than most. arthritis will do that to you!

You don't happen to have a custom channel list or something? That might be the problem.

Congrats, guys! As a Dish subscriber, this is excellent news for us! With Directv having added channels that we don't have, Dish will be forced to try and keep pace, so we all win. Great news for all us HD junkies!!

And if Dish hadn't been adding HD all along this wouldn't have happened. We are all making out.

You don't happen to have a custom channel list or something? That might be the problem.

I am at work now, so I will check when I get home but I haven't ever set a favorites setting or custom channel list. I know from channel surfing that all channels, those I subscribe to and those I do not, show up.

Well, I'm Total choice plus subscriber also.

When I first fired up this morning I also did not see the new channels.

I switched to all channels and there they were!!!!

Edited my favorites, subtracted the 70's and SD duplicates added the HD versions of the channels and I'm all set.

Then I noticed that for some reason the "hide SD duplicates" was off in set up.

Whatever, I got them all.

Happy viewing everyone!

Well, I'm Total choice plus subscriber also.

When I first fired up this morning I also did not see the new channels.

I switched to all channels and there they were!!!!

Edited my favorites, subtracted the 70's and SD duplicates added the HD versions of the channels and I'm all set.

Then I noticed that for some reason the "hide SD duplicates" was off in set up.

Whatever, I got them all.

Happy viewing everyone!

Do you have the h20 or hr20? I'm not home right now, but want to know if I can hide the SD duplicates too

My 1080p Sony XBR can tell a Difference.With as many peolpe with 1080p tv's this is clearly the way to go.With my 768p Phillips PQ looks a little better,but not as dramatic as the Sony.

I agree completely... the difference on my Samsung 1080p DLP is stunning.

Do you have the h20 or hr20? I'm not home right now, but want to know if I can hide the SD duplicates too

This isn't generally available yet, as far as I know - some of the folks on here have downloaded a CE (Cutting Edge) software version....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)