HD channels going to another system

zhongyi

Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
I heard on the radio today that the HD channels may be bought by another provider. Anyone know anything about this?

Nope. Don't expect them in the same form either or in the same quantity. I wouldn't expect them on any provider either for a while.

zhongyi said:
I heard on the radio today that the HD channels may be bought by another provider. Anyone know anything about this?
As stated in the latest SEC filing, the Board of Directors instructed management to continue to analyze whether its VOOM 21 channels can be marketed to other satellite and cable providers as part of the Company’s Rainbow programming operations.

Since this is the first time these channels are made available to other providers, anything can happen. Perhaps not all 21 channels, but at least some of them may find their way to our TVs... I really hope they will!

I sure hope there is a chance of keeping some of Voom's 21 original HD channels. I would vote for WorldSport, Equator, RUSH HD and Cinnema 10. Maybe Comcast, DISH, or DirecTV will be interested in adding these channels to their service.

HDVoomer said:
I sure hope there is a chance of keeping some of Voom's 21 original HD channels. I would vote for WorldSport, Equator, RUSH HD and Cinnema 10. Maybe Comcast, DISH, or DirecTV will be interested in adding these channels to their service.

I live in Phoenix which is served by Cox Cable. I have already called and requested that if the Voom originals become available on Cox that I would immediately sign up for digital cable with them. They were not aware that V* was discontinuing service, but he did say that he would log my request with his corporate office. I am not holding my breath for anything, but if you don't ask you may never get what you want...

I think it's safe to say that if it happens it will be a while before these channels are available elsewhere and it will definitely be at a premium price.

D* & E* better not be expecting to pickup these channels cheap... The main reason that they are marketing this content to other providers is so that Cablevision can legal carry them, not so that other providers can pickup cheap HD content.

Vug 'em. Screw VOOM 21. It is James's pipe dreams.

If there is a God in Heaven, he will become a cell mate with Michael Jackson!!!!!!

I actually found a picture of James Dolan.

Here he is in his next job.

It is nothing new to him. Just the title.

Supreme Fudge Packer!!!

fudgepacker.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts