HD Channels I Pay For But Don't Receive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LinkWray

Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
Hoping for some insight here guys. I am subbed to the America's Everything Pak plus the Gold & Platinum (I realize it's all Classic Gold now) HD package. Curiously, there are 4 HD channels from the package that I should be getting but don't. They are Fox News HD, MTV HD, VH1 HD, and Nick HD. They are all on my on-screen guide (in the 9000's) but redded out. Why? And is there a fix?

FYI, I am in Canada so I can't just pick up the phone and call Dish for assistance. (Bear in mind that this is a fully paid sub, not a hack - I also carry a full sub domestic cable service too - everybody gets paid). I certainly don't want to do anything that might lose me my service, especially on the eve of college football season!

Thanks for any help that you guys might be able to offer.

You need to get VoIP w/an American number and just call like a local. ;)

Do an internet chat and have them hit your receiver again to authorize it. You could try the automated phone system as well. There should be help on this in one of the longer threads back when Fox News and the Viacoms were added last spring. IIRC you select the tech support option and then go from there. One of the options is a reblessing of your receiver.

wouldnt suggest internet chat. i would assume they can see his IP address when he logs into chat and im sure dish can tell if its a canadian ip address

That's not the point. The point is that something is broken in their authorization system. The last two times they added national HD channels, there were numerous complaints about it here. That should've been enough time, and enough complaints, for them to fix it. But no, this is Dish, they're apparently forbidden to do anything logical.

I think there is a way to issue a 'hit' on your receiver by calling the automated system. It was talked about for a short time when the viacoms went HD. Anyone remember the number and the buttons to push? I know a few had success with that.

You could do an internet chat, despite the warning. There's no law saying that you can be travelling and go on the computer to get help. Same goes for calling, but that's probably looking suspicious.

Before you try and contact Dish you might want to reset your receiver. Just unplug it for a few seconds then plug it back in. Let it d'load the guide and see if the channels come in....worth a try.

The automated call is the easiest. Go into its troubleshooting and give it the message number when asked. I believe the message number is 014. You can check that by selecting one of the channels that are in red.

You can do an internet chat. If they question the ip, which I bet they won't. Just say your wife, girlfriend, ect. is at home in the states and just mentioned the problem to you.

You can do an internet chat. If they question the ip, which I bet they won't. Just say your wife, girlfriend, ect. is at home in the states and just mentioned the problem to you.

Or you can say you're using a proxy. In all seriousness, I would be shocked if they're checking your ip location for comparison with your supposed service location.

Or you can say you're using a proxy. In all seriousness, I would be shocked if they're checking your ip location for comparison with your supposed service location.
Same here. There is no correlation between an online chat IP address and where your receiver is located. It's none of their business where you choose to do a chat from. For all they know, you could be routing your your internet service through a provider there or a million other explanations.

I think there is a way to issue a 'hit' on your receiver by calling the automated system.
Doesn't that cross-check the phone number used to call in against the account number on the account ? Or, if it gets confused, does it then ask the caller to input their account number ? I can't use anything automated that uses our phone number because we had service years ago and cancelled and then when we signed up, the executive office created a new account but used the same phone #. So basically there's (2) accounts tied to that # and I always get bumped to a live person...

Doesn't that cross-check the phone number used to call in against the account number on the account ? Or, if it gets confused, does it then ask the caller to input their account number ?
I've never tried the automated call-in method, so I don't know. Anyone here know?

I know if it recognizes the phone number, it will access the account based off of that. Not sure what happens if the number isn't matched up to something.

People have multiple phone numbers in one house and still can call in on the non-account #, so it probably just asks for the account.

Thank you for the many responses - you guys are a godsend. I had tried the unplug but that didn't work. The other basic fix suggested on Dish's website is to pull the card for 15 secs and then reinsert. I'm nervous to try even that.

I have called many times from a different telephone than what is on my account with no problem. The automated systems asks you to enter the telephone number on your account.

This really is one of those worry for nothing kind of situations.

Thank you for the many responses - you guys are a godsend. I had tried the unplug but that didn't work. The other basic fix suggested on Dish's website is to pull the card for 15 secs and then reinsert. I'm nervous to try even that.
Don't be. Fixed me once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts