Status
Please reply by conversation.

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Hellow Fellow FTA'ers,

Did a scan of 97W and found a few channels are now in HD. Last time I scanned this satellite was several months ago, so was wondering, have any of you noticed that a few channels are now HD?

Sponge

Several network feeds, religious, and Spanish channels on 97W are HD. Don't think any on Ku though, but many Ku channels are in 16/9 format.

On Ku there is Al Kass HD, which is generally sports. Not much I've seen beyond generic coverage and the occasional soccer or handball game, but it's there.

Reactions: spongella
11867V has RTS-TV & TVP Polonia, AL Kass at 12084V but its freezing video for me atm. 12115V Ebru HD, 12152H has RTS-SAT (same as other rts?)
12177V just shows Prg 1, its some religious channel talking New World Order (in English) H.264 with AAC audio. Scanned 97 ku last night and noticed these. There is also sev DFH channels in HD but they all are scrambled right now.

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the delay. FTA HD channels are RTS Sat, RTS TV, Al Kass, EBRU network. What is weird though is that the HD icon disappears from the station list once I select that particular HD channel and watch it. Strange happenings with my Amiko Mini HS SE.

Oh, TV Polonia is $ now, but again my Amiko is acting strange. A few days ago TV Polonia showed up on a scan as FTA and $.

I think Al Kass is the only one really in HD. Maybe it's applying the "HD" icon to the others because they're MPEG4 or something, there was a receiver once upon a time that did that but I don't remember what one it was... Also, I think some of the ones you mentioned are widescreen SD, but that's actually pretty common outside of North America so I doubt that it would be flagging them HD for that reason...

widescreen SD, but that's actually pretty common outside of North America
Very common in North America via DBS providers, and they often call it HD!
Actually some of the video on these channels is not too bad for SD, such as RT and EBRU.

Status
Please reply by conversation.