HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The scuttlebutt on dbstalk is that we are getting a new channel on the 3rd, but the one person who knows isn't saying which channel.

Yea trying to not get to excited but I guess it's better then nothing

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I just remembered something. Isn't the Pentagon Channel HD suppose to launch on D* in September? It could be that channel coming on the 7th.

Why does DTV always play this childish game of never announcing upcoming HD channels? Why not just tell us ahead (like a year ahead) which HD channel(s) are scheduled and when.

I guess if we knew ahead of time many of us may just move on to a greener pasture, and there goes their boasting of 30M subscribers.

Why does DTV always play this childish game of never announcing upcoming HD channels? Why not just tell us ahead (like a year ahead) which HD channel(s) are scheduled and when.

I guess if we knew ahead of time many of us may just move on to a greener pasture, and there goes their boasting of 30M subscribers.

Most likely for two reasons. One, if they announced ahead of time, the competition could conceivably put that channel up first and beat Directv to the punch. Two, a few years ago they announced they would have ESPN2 in hd on a certain date. For whatever reason they couldn't do it. There was a firestorm over it. They probably don't want to hear it again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts