HD coming

I hope what you're saying is true Dishlover. I would love to have ESPNews, Weather and BET in HD. Gotta watch College Hill and Iron Ring in HDizzle, 4shizzle

From a post in this forum-

"Here is the latest HD news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just concluded a call to a CSR named Jamie, as I had some issues with my HD programming.

I like the rest of you questioned her about any new forthcoming HD Nationals.

She indicated unequivocally, that the following channels will be lit up ( available) by the end of April.

A 200 package

VHI
Toon Disney
USA
WGN
ABC Family
AMC
BET
CMT
BBC
Cartoon Network
Disney
ESPN News
IFC
More Max
HBO 2
Nick
SCI FI

A 250 Package to include the above +

Biography
MGM
Smithsonian
Tennis
Weather"

Yeah I think the channels are wrong here as well as far as in what package their in..

mgm doesnt have an SD equivalent does it? This will make me sad if it is in the 250 pack. I am really looking forward to that.

i think Scott has already called shenanigans on the packages for that list. For the most part the rules are:

Simulcast HD goes into it's respective AT packkage.
Non simulcast goes into HD Ultimate.
The are a few exceptions that get put into HD Essentials that are not simulcast.

That's the same stupid, very likely incorrect, list that has been posted about a dozen times over the past several weeks.

All I know is that for several months Scott has been saying stick with Dish until May 1st then you will be glad you did. Well Wednesday is the last uplink before May 1st so I and hopeful, I am probably a fool, but I am hopeful that this Wednesday will be the day we have been waiting for.

i think Scott has already called shenanigans on the packages for that list. For the most part the rules are:

Simulcast HD goes into it's respective AT packkage.
Non simulcast goes into HD Ultimate.
The are a few exceptions that get put into HD Essentials that are not simulcast.

That is how i understood it to be, which is the reason i still pay for ultimate

All I know is that for several months Scott has been saying stick with Dish until May 1st then you will be glad you did. Well Wednesday is the last uplink before May 1st so I and hopeful, I am probably a fool, but I am hopeful that this Wednesday will be the day we have been waiting for.

I always thought he was referring to just USA/SciFi we would have before May 1st.

I gathered that we would have several national HD before the end of april, but i could have misinterpreted. Anyways, I am pretty much happy with what I have, anything else is a bonus (Wouldnt mind seeing abc family, they have at least 1 show in HD that I watch).

If I had a nickle for every "soon" that was typed on this site I would own Dish and give you guys all the HD content you wanted!!!! LMBFAO
29,300 / $1,465.00

Attachments

• soon.png
    soon.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 124
I always thought he was referring to just USA/SciFi we would have before May 1st.

I believe the word "LOTS" (of national HD additions) was used when asking people to wait until May 1st. If you consider CNN-HD, Sci-Fi HD, and USA HD to be "LOTS", then you may be right. I think many on this forum took it to mean a lot more than 3 from the list of 20+ possibilities from the Charlie Chat. I guess we shall see in less than a week.

Maybe that list and may 1st will be right if so its going to be a awesome 08. But wish there was more info on SPEED Hd. Anyone hear anything on that channel or does Direct tv still have it cinched up lol.

How many MPEG4 HD slots opened up when they got rid of the 4 CONUS MPEG2 New York HD networks???

But wish there was more info on SPEED Hd. Anyone hear anything on that channel or does Direct tv still have it cinched up lol.

The easy answer, search the forums and the reason will come to you. The short answer is, as long as Dish and Newscorp (parent company of all the Fox networks - including speed) are duking it out in court, you're gonna have to wait...

Not in any way to attempt to be a "downer" but BBC America HD is in the list and, so far, I've not found anything listing a firm launch date for the network (just "sometime in 2008). Now, granted, we are "sometime in 2008" right now but I would have thought we would have seen more date specific promos both online and on BBC A (sort of like Toon Disney and ESPNews when they launched). If anyone has heard more specific info in this regard, please do share!

DIsh 1000 Alignment in Huntsville, AL

Oklahoma City Locals in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)