HD Dish install Questions...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasal

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
Hello,

So I decided to upgrade to Directv HD. I had a problem with some installers that said that they would not be able to install the new dish onto the same pole the standard definition dish is on. They wanted to charge me extra to locate the dish elsewhere, and run new wiring throught the entire house. I had to cancel the install.The installers bumped my 12-4 appointment to do another job, and I think they wanted to go home already. I called Directv, and they stated that they would send out another installed, and that another installer would make it work. Directv stated that they did not know of this issue, and that the installer should be able to place it in the same location. My question is:

Can the HD dish be located on the same pole diameter as the SD dish is on? Do you know if there is a difference on the diameter of the pole? Any input (especially from installers would be appreciated). They are sending an installer this coming week to get a "second opinion".

Thanks,

Al

There are adapters that can be purchased by YOU on eBay that would work, but it's not something that a tech is going to have on their truck.

No, the HD dish will not fit on the same pole without an adapter. The SD dish fits on a 1 5/8" OD pole (or 1 1/4" Sch40 pipe). The HD dish requires a 2" OD pole to work.

As to the charges, that depends upon a lot of factors. Were your installers actual DirecTV employees, contractors (HSP's), or sub contractors? Generally, with HSP's and sub contractors, you are going to have to pay for a pole mount but this varies greatly by company.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)