HD Dish Selection Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ktcarter

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
South Carolina
I presently have a Eagle DTVP3, 18" x 20" dish supporting three standard (non-HD) receivers. All receivers are wired directly to the dish. I would like to swap out one of the receivers for a standard (non recording) HD Receiver. I'm told I will need to install a new dish in order to receive HD channels. Can someone recommend the proper dish to replace the one I presently have? To keep things simple, all I want to do is remove the existing dish from its pole and replace it with a new dish and reconnect the three wires for the receivers. I'm not interested in a single wire system. Thanks in advance.

you will need the slimline............ but not sure if you can use the same mount, the slimline requires a 2" diameter pole mount. not sure what your current dish has.

You either need a new 2" diameter pole or an adapter to step up from the old, smaller pole. The Slimline also uses two small monopoles for stability. That big dish gets pushed around by the wind otherwise.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure my existing pole is not 2". I will look in to an adapter. Will this dish kit work? DIRECTV SL3 4-Output LNB Slimline Dish-Kit

:welcome to Satelliteguys ktcarter!

As others have noted, you need to get a Slimline. I would advise against using an adapter on your old mast. The base isn't made for a dish the size of a Slimline. Why not get the hd receiver through Directv? They will come out and replace your old dish for you.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure my existing pole is not 2". I will look in to an adapter. Will this dish kit work? DIRECTV SL3 4-Output LNB Slimline Dish-Kit

yes that dish will work!

but this is good advise; Why not get the hd receiver through Directv? They will come out and replace your old dish for you. as stated above.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts