HD DNS Question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wiggin78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Redding, CA
Ok, here is my situation. I have waivers to receive HD signals of ABC,CBS, FOX, and NBC. I have been receiving those signals from L.A. for about a year now. When i originally had them turned on I had been told I could have either the West coast or East coast feed. When It came down to turning the East coast feed on for me they said no. I didn't worry about it and let good enough be. So my question is, are any of you West coast D* subscribers receiving East coast HD DNS feeds of any combination of the big 4? To be more specific are any westcoasters getting channels 80, 82, 86, or 88? Thanks.

No dice - the part of the revised SHVERA related to HD DNS, specifically says DBS providers cannot provide HD DNS from time zones earlier than the one you are in. So, this means that mountain & west time zones can only get LA HD DNS. (technically, east & central time zones could get LA HD DNS, but D* only gives them NY HD DNS, just to be fair to you west coasters...)

Last edited:
I am in AZ, close enough to the coast.. I had both east and west Hd and got a letter from D* saying east was going away.. I still get east non hd feeds though..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts