HD DVD Will win and this is why:

Good counter! I couldn't resist as diogen is in gloat mode:D

icomeinpeace.jpg

I Come in Peace!

:p

funny, does anyone think the 199.00 pc they are releasing will kill the higher end PC vendors?

how about their 200.00 laptop; is that gonna kill the business for the high end laptop foolks?

I guess the answer lies in the PQ and quality of build that these players present; time will tell the answer to that..

Strange that when you go the regular walmart site, look for hd-dvd you cannot find any players. The closest I found was a entry (below) for blu-ray and HD-dvd, which only has blu-ray players.
Electronics - Wal-mart

Worse, since the sale is "while supplies last", I bet they only have about 5 at each store. Like they did a couple years ago with the cheap laptops.

Maybe all those contemplating buying the $98 HD DVD player should hold off and wait for a BOHDDVDPGOF (buy one HDDVD player, get one free):D

Oh, stop it! 1080i on any HD DVD player looks terrific! Way better than any HD channel on any sattellite or cable company! There is just no comparison!!!

And unless both your player and the TV set can support 24 fps, there is no advantage in sending 1080p60 vs. 1080i60 (if the original source is 1080p24). Both data streams carry exact same information! This has been discussed to death, already.

1080p looked much better to me - that's all I'm saying, and I don't have any major technical points to back it up.... although I don't think I ever mentioned cable or satellite in my post, so I'm not sure where that came from.

I'm glad you cleared that up, though, so everyone can stop manufacturing 1080p players and really start driving prices through the floor.

Has anyone checked to see if holiday.ri-walmart.com is a valid WalMart site? What is the "ri='?

It's part of the 4 part rotating ad. When I view it's it's page 1. Big Green box, with Acer laptop, says THIS FRIDAY 8AM. blah blah blah

Edit:

here I attached a screenshot

Attachments

• wmad.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 203
It's part of the 4 part rotating ad. When I view it's it's page 1. Big Green box, with Acer laptop, says THIS FRIDAY 8AM. blah blah blah

Edit:

here I attached a screenshot

Ah in the middle of a shockwave/flash item. I always run with it disabled. Lots of sites, including satelliteguys, have large delays accessing them because of this huge bandwidth eater.

Sounds like a very short term event with limited supplies and not at all stores. Is the a2 a model being phased out in favor of the a3?

I'd like to ask a question and please don't think I'm trying to start a riot. I genuinely would like to know because this is a HUGE deal for HD-DVD.

How much is Toshiba losing with the sale of each of these players at $98?

I being totally serious and i'm not trying to knock the sale.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts