HD DVR doesn't receive remote control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mwortman@cox.net

Original poster
May 17, 2008
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me.

My HR-20 is having trouble receiving the signal from my remote control. A few days ago I had to press the buttons on the remote 2 or 3 times before the signal was received. Then it progessively got worse, to where the receiver now isn't responding at all. If I reset the receiver or unplug it, after restart the receiver will respond to the first click or 2, but after that nothing. All the buttons on the face of the receiver work fine.

This isn't a problem with the remote control itself as I am using fresh batteries and this remote works perfectly on a different receiver I have upstairs.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any ideas as to how to correct it? I'd be very grateful for any help. Thanks.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me.

My HR-20 is having trouble receiving the signal from my remote control. A few days ago I had to press the buttons on the remote 2 or 3 times before the signal was received. Then it progessively got worse, to where the receiver now isn't responding at all. If I reset the receiver or unplug it, after restart the receiver will respond to the first click or 2, but after that nothing. All the buttons on the face of the receiver work fine.

This isn't a problem with the remote control itself as I am using fresh batteries and this remote works perfectly on a different receiver I have upstairs.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any ideas as to how to correct it? I'd be very grateful for any help. Thanks.

Quick question, Is it set up for IR or RF control ?
Do you have a clear line of sight to the box, not in an entertainment center being possibly blocked from the remote signal ?

Jimbo

Jimbo,
Thanks for the reply. IR. There is nothing in the way. I have even put the window on the remote right up against the window on the receiver...nothing.

Jimbo,
Your question about IR or RF started me thinking. I was operating in IR mode, but since my receiver is also RF capable I switched to that mode. Now the thing works perfectly. Apparently there is something internal not allowing the receiver to receive the IR signal.
Thanks for putting me on the right track. Hopefully this will help someone else who has the same problem.

Jimbo,
Your question about IR or RF started me thinking. I was operating in IR mode, but since my receiver is also RF capable I switched to that mode. Now the thing works perfectly. Apparently there is something internal not allowing the receiver to receive the IR signal.
Thanks for putting me on the right track. Hopefully this will help someone else who has the same problem.

Good work mwortman,
Thats where I was going next, but unfortunatly I lost track and got busy around the house.
Yes, If RF is working, then I would say that something about the IR receiver is not working, fortunatly, the RF is !

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)