HD DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wcwman18

Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Florida
Is their any way to back up my DVR files to my PC? I am on DTV Whole Home and I would like to back up my recordings. Can't find anything to decrypt the files with though.

Not going to happen on your DirecTV DVR. Files are encrypted and can only be played back on the receiver that they were recorded on. Sorry we didn't have better news for you. BTW... Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Not going to happen on your DirecTV DVR. Files are encrypted and can only be played back on the receiver that they were recorded on. Sorry we didn't have better news for you. BTW... Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Hopefully this won't be thread hijacking, since the OP's question doesn't have a solution....What would you recommend for an external hard drive for the HMC DVR?

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Sure, go ahead and violate copyright laws..Great advice!!

The op wants to save programming from his dvr to his pc. That's not a violation of any laws. Using torrents would be.

Is their any way to back up my DVR files to my PC? I am on DTV Whole Home and I would like to back up my recordings. Can't find anything to decrypt the files with though.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

You can copy to a dvd recorder, but you have to do it in real time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)