HD DVR questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi, few questions about the DirecTV HD DVR.

Is the HR24 the newest model that I should request when my service is installed tomorrow morning?

Also, can the DVR output HD from two methods at the same time so I can plug HDMI into the main TV and run a long component cable to the TV in the other room?

Finally, does the remote use IR or does it use an antenna like Dish where line of sight to the box isn't necessary?

Thanks for reading.

Howard

Hi, few questions about the DirecTV HD DVR.

Is the HR24 the newest model that I should request when my service is installed tomorrow morning?

Also, can the DVR output HD from two methods at the same time so I can plug HDMI into the main TV and run a long component cable to the TV in the other room?

Finally, does the remote use IR or does it use an antenna like Dish where line of sight to the box isn't necessary?

Thanks for reading.

Howard

To answer your first question as for which one you should get, you get what theyhave available on the truck.

The HR24 is the most current HD DVR
The H25 is the current Non DVR, but requires a SWM set up.

The DVR outputs are all active, so YES you can run a HDMI to your main set and Component to your others.

The remotes will run IR as well as RF, you'll need to set it up to do RF though.

To answer your first question as for which one you should get, you get what theyhave available on the truck.

The HR24 is the most current HD DVR
The H25 is the current Non DVR, but requires a SWM set up.

Thanks for the answers. Sounds like I can have three HD TVs by running two off the HDDVR (HDMI and component) and one on another receiver using the whole house set up. Should I request an HR24 for the HDDVR and an H25 for the other receiver? What is SWM?

Thanks for the answers. Sounds like I can have three HD TVs by running two off the HDDVR (HDMI and component) and one on another receiver using the whole house set up. Should I request an HR24 for the HDDVR and an H25 for the other receiver? What is SWM?

You'll probably get a SWM set up regardless, thats a Single Wire Multiswitch, so you only need 1 wire to the recvrs , the DVR's have two tuners in them, they use to require 2 lines of coax.

Personally, I like the HR24's, the H25 is NOT a DVR, so if your getting DVRs it won't be a 25

Thanks. Going to hope for the best. Assuming newer model has more storage and runs faster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts