HD & DVR questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
I dont know which sub forum to post this in, so i figured the general would be a start (mods feel free to move it if u need to.)

okay on to my questions

im going to be going back to directv since dish network screwed me on my install, and comcast is raping my wallet.
im looking on their site, and it shows that i can get a HD DVR recevier for $199 after $100 rebate. Is this a lease, or do I own it? Do I have to pay an additional DVR fee or HD fee monthly?
Also it shows you can get a free after $100 rebate SD DVR (which I need for my other tv.) But If I choose the HD DVR, i lose the rebate on the SD DVR, is it possible to get both rebates?

thanks

I dont know which sub forum to post this in, so i figured the general would be a start (mods feel free to move it if u need to.)

okay on to my questions

im going to be going back to directv since dish network screwed me on my install, and comcast is raping my wallet.
im looking on their site, and it shows that i can get a HD DVR recevier for $199 after $100 rebate. Is this a lease, or do I own it? Do I have to pay an additional DVR fee or HD fee monthly?
Also it shows you can get a free after $100 rebate SD DVR (which I need for my other tv.) But If I choose the HD DVR, i lose the rebate on the SD DVR, is it possible to get both rebates?

thanks

You lease it, not own. more than likely, you will never own again, unless they change thier gameplan.

DVR fee is $5.99 HD fee, if you want D*'s HD channels $ 10.99 or is it 9.99 don't remember.
As for the rebates, I have no idea.

Jimbo

okay since im leasing it, i assume they dont have an option like comcast does to pay X amount of dollars per month as your lease fee?

okay so on top of the monthly i'll have a HD fee, and a DVR fee for each DVR? So basically $20 on top of the package price?

im just tryin to get a grasp on the fees...cause thats where comcast is jacking me (besides the package fee)...hd fee, dvr fee, and second STB fee

okay since im leasing it, i assume they dont have an option like comcast does to pay X amount of dollars per month as your lease fee?

okay so on top of the monthly i'll have a HD fee, and a DVR fee for each DVR? So basically $20 on top of the package price?

im just tryin to get a grasp on the fees...cause thats where comcast is jacking me (besides the package fee)...hd fee, dvr fee, and second STB fee

Lease fee is $ 4.99 for every reciever after the first one.
As mentioned by Manhole, the DVR fee is $5.99 and covers ALL DVR's on your account.

Jimbo

okay i have another question

when you buy the service from like circuitcity or bestbuy, are you just buyin the receiver? or are they giving u the satellite and the receiver and u install it yourself?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts