HD DVR Receiver doesn't recognize 5lnb satellite dish. HELP?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NHL21

Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
I'm trying to do this myself, yeah I'm a noob. I have tried to connect a new 5lnb satellite dish with a new HD DVR receiver, the problem is that the receiver doesn't recognize any sort of a satellite signal.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

What model of HD-DVR are you talking about?

When you say you did this yourself, do you mean you did the complete install yourself?

How many lines did you run to the DVR? Do you have the BBC's installed? Do you have a multiswitch installed, and if so, what type? Do you have splitters anywhere in the line? Are you sure that you've gotten a signal from the sat when installing the dish? How are you aligning the dish (with a meter or using the receiver)?

What model of HD-DVR are you talking about?
- An HR20-700

When you say you did this yourself, do you mean you did the complete install yourself?
- Yep, I connected the dish and receiver, I used the same cord (RG-6) that I used with my old dish.

How many lines did you run to the DVR?
- If I know what you're asking, I have 1 cord connected to the dish and then 2 connected to the Satellite-in part of the receiver.

Do you have the BBC's installed?
-Yes, both of them

Do you have a multiswitch installed, and if so, what type?
- I think so, it's a yellow device that has 1 input outlet and 2 outputs. They call that a hybrid splitter converter.

Do you have splitters anywhere in the line?
- Not sure what that is, but I have a hybrid splitter convertor, maybe the same thing.

Are you sure that you've gotten a signal from the sat when installing the dish?
- I've gotten no signal. Expect at one point where the receiver recognized satellite 110, but then when I went to signal strength I still got 0

How are you aligning the dish (with a meter or using the receiver)?
- I'm eyeballing it

Better if someone else more experienced will dish alignment will help you on place.
Whole Internet couldn't move your dish for one degree. :D

Understood, but if the receiver doesn't recognize the dish then it doesn't matter how allinged the dish is.

You're going to probably want to get some help with this. Trying to aim a 5 lnb dish with no meter or at least experience is a shot in the dark.

Do you have a multiswitch installed, and if so, what type?
- I think so, it's a yellow device that has 1 input outlet and 2 outputs. They call that a hybrid splitter converter.

This splitter will not work. You need to run two lines from the dish.

Put your old receiver back in place set it for a 3 LNB dish and follow the instruction sheet that should have come with the Slimline dish. After you get a signal on your old receiver put the HR20 in place and fine tune. with the Ka capabilities of that receiver. From the experience you exhibit in your posts calling Directv may be cheaper for you before you damage your equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts