HD DVR Reciever Reset Twice in past 10 minutes

cognitive77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Dunno what's going on, but while watching a pre-recorded show on my 622, the thing reset twice and had to do the 5 step thing each time to find a signal. Each time it reset it would take approx. 3-4 minutes each time, and would come back up by itself.

Make that 3 time now...seems more likely to do it whenever I'm trying to pause, view the Guide, etc.

Update: Talked to Dish support and was told that it was due to my surge protector, which may be faulty. Seems kinda weird that my surround sound never powered down along with the DVR.

Anyone else experience this before?

Last edited:
You might also want to check the temperature to see if it is overheating, if putting it on a different surge protector doesn't stop the problem.

Well...it's not the surge protector. Left my surround sound on last night, and during reset, TV came back on. When it did, sound came through and woke me up at midnight. Don't think it's the temp either as it's in my basement which usually runs cooler than my 1st floor. Also, it's on a shelf by itself in my entertainment center with an open back, so it gets plenty of air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts