Status
Please reply by conversation.

Almighty1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
San Francisco, California USA
Greetings everyone:

I have a question which hopefully someone knows the answer to. I noticed with my Comcast Motorola HD DVR when I had cable at my old residence, when you played a recording and while either it's paused, etc or you hit info, it would show the time/date and channel of the recording, is it possible to do the same thing with the Directv HD DVR as I noticed you can rewind and fast forward all the way back but the info button would only show the current date/time and not the info of when the recording was recorded originally. Also, how do you delete the recording during playback assuming you finished watching it as going back to the list button, you might delete the wrong item if there are more than one item with the same name. I have tried looking for the answer to those questions but have not been able to find it. Thanks in advance for any help!

1. Yes there is info on the recording program showing date/time of original recording.

2. If 2 shows have the same name it puts them in a folder....there u can select each individual show & only delete the episodes u want to.

Actually, my question was about during playback, how do you get it to show info on the current played back program as the info button only shows the current date/time and not the recorded programs date/time.

I am not saying that 2 shows of the same name is put into a folder as basically the shows I watch are all in serieses so it airs one episode every day for the past 2 months since I still haven't had a chance to view the recordings. I mean can you delete the episode while you're already playing the recording since that would be easier. I already know about the folder thing as that one is easy when you have like a few but sometimes you might delete the wrong episode.

Actually, my question was about during playback, how do you get it to show info on the current played back program as the info button only shows the current date/time and not the recorded programs date/time.
After you press the <info> button, then <press> the select button to get more info. At the bottom of that screen it will tell you when the episode was recorded. The channel# is at the top.

Thanks RACJ2, that basically answers all my questions. I was hoping there was a way to do it by just hitting info only as when you hit the select button, the video portion is in a tiny window. I was hoping there was a way for it to display the info since basically when you hit info, it does have the channel # and name but the date/time isn't for the recording but rather the current time.

When you reach the end of a recorded program, if you fast forward or just let it play to the actual end of the recording, it gives you the option to either delete the program or not delete on the bottom right of the screen. Just highlight delete and press select. I think you have to hit select on the next screen it goes to also to finish it off. At least that's how I think it works on my HR-20 HD DVR.

When you reach the end of a recorded program, if you fast forward or just let it play to the actual end of the recording, it gives you the option to either delete the program or not delete on the bottom right of the screen. Just highlight delete and press select. I think you have to hit select on the next screen it goes to also to finish it off. At least that's how I think it works on my HR-20 HD DVR.

This is how it works; I checked it out today on a couple programs. Except for once you hit the select button on delete, it deletes the recorded program you just watched and then goes back to your recorded programs list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts