Going back to Direct after 15 years!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mobowhunter

Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
O'Fallon, MO
I had Direct for a couple years about 15 years ago and then switched over to Charter. I am not planning on switching back.

I have three HD TV's (2 of them need DVR's) and I have two SD TV's that will not need DVR's. Looking at the packages - I think we are going to go with the Choice Xtra+ channel listing - or would there be a better program out there? We do not watch any movie channels but I will need our local regional network - Fox Sports Midwest.

Any advice?

Thanks, Jeff

programming is up to you, but i believe you will need the sports pack added to you bill to get tht fox channel (could be wrong) +14.99/month and the +hddvr package would be cheaper for you as well.

(cant edit post using pda, sry for double post)

also ask a staff member for a referral, and check out the aaa discount if your a member.

Why ask a staff member for the referral, you can get a referral from anyone, even you if you and they agree ....

Yes you can give your referral to a staff member if you want, not saying don't, just pointing out that anyone that has service can give you a referral.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Why ask a staff member for the referral, they can get a referral from anyone, even you if you and they agree ....

Yes you can give your referral to a staff member if you want, not saying don't, just pointing out that anyone that has service can give you a referral.

Jimbo

Let's not go through this again. Yes if you have a friend that you know has Directv then tell them you need a referral. The reason Scott doesn't want everybody on here to start asking for referrals is that it would cause fights between members.

He has us on the list due to the fact that we don't get paid to do help out here.

I just did not know what to expect with the installation - would I get a SWM LNB, I am sure I have the abbrev wrong, but would the single line dish with multiple switch be a part of the deal for the number of (2) HD DVR's, (1)HD Receiver, (2) SD Receivers. Could I expect or should I demand that before I let them proceed with the install?

Thanks, Jeff

I just did not know what to expect with the installation - would I get a SWM LNB, I am sure I have the abbrev wrong, but would the single line dish with multiple switch be a part of the deal for the number of (2) HD DVR's, (1)HD Receiver, (2) SD Receivers. Could I expect or should I demand that before I let them proceed with the install?

Thanks, Jeff

If your getting the rec'rs you mentioned, you'll more than likely get the SWM set up.
You have 7 tuners in your scenario.

If you have more than 4 they usually look to see how they are being used and go with what's practical.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts