HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

McLaren_2013

Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
USA
I have a question about DIRECTV HD DVRs. I currently have an HD DVR, 2 HD receivers, and 2 SD receivers. I am considering replacing one of the HD receivers with another HD DVR. I am wondering what this would require. Would there be a service call required? Will there be any new monthly charges? (I already have the multi-room DVR service.) Will I need to agree to another contract? I am also wondering if they charge the full $199, since I already paid $100 for the HD receiver a while back. I will call them eventually, I am just curious if anyone else has done this before and what the procedure was so I know what to ask DTV when I call. They usually are more interested in selling me stuff than answering my questions (after keeping me on hold for a long time of course), so I want to be prepared. Thank you.

If you upgrade you start a new 2 year agreement
There is no price change for the extra receiver. Its still $6

I am also wondering if they charge the full $199, since I already paid $100 for the HD receiver a while back.
normally I'd say yes. Talk to retention and see what they can do for ya. They may cut ya a break depending on how long you have been with them

You wont need any dish/LNB upgrade as you'd still be below 8 tuners

I figured I would probably have to pay the $199, but I'm not thrilled about the new 2 year agreement. Are there any other DVRs on the market that I can purchase that would work with one of the HD receivers? I have been looking around online, but I have not found any. I realize the Whole-Home feature would not be compatible, but my main issue is being able to record more than one thing at once. The Genie looks good but is pretty expensive.

talk to retention...see what they can do.
Folks have been able to get the Genie (HR34) for waaay less than what Directv wants to sell it. I got mine a year ago and all it cost me was a 2 year agreement. I gave up my 2 R22's (which could do HD) and got the HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)