HD Extra Pack - 3 months free offer gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nvguy38

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Well, it would appear the free ride is over folks. I was at the end of my 3 months and went to do the usual cancel followed by re-enrolling today. It now only has $4.99/month as the option. It no longer gives me the "3 months for free" offer.

Sucks because the wife likes those channels but I'm not paying another $5 a month for them...shame they can't roll them into the normal packages.

I'll check again tomorrow to see if it's actually dead or if I'm hitting against a site glitch tonight. However, at this moment, it would appear the deal is dead :(

Interesting....must be something new as I did it back in December without issue. Already cancelled though......can I call and get them to add back the 3 for free?

I was at the end of my free 3 months two weeks ago. I called in and cancelled, then went to their website and it was there, 3 months for free. I've been doing that for years.

Reactions: edisonprime
I always cancel online and reactivate immediately afterwards. Been doing it for years also...except this time it wouldn't give me the offer. I guess I'll try to call and see what's up.

I'm surprised DirecTV didn't close this loophole years ago. With AT&T at the helm, I'm not surprised if it is corrected to one free trial.

I'm surprised DirecTV didn't close this loophole years ago. With AT&T at the helm, I'm not surprised if it is corrected to one free trial.
Yah...same thoughts here. Wonder if you just have to now call in to cancel like the previous posters did to get the offer back online. Hard to say...seems now it may have become a YMMV type system.

I tried to cancel online last week. It kept giving me error messages and told me to call in. After the automated phone system cancelled it, I went back online and the free offer was there.
That was the first time it wouldn't let me cancel online. I don't think I watch these channels enough to pay for them.

When I called to cancel the movie channels I asked why I can't cancel on the website. She told me so you would talk to an operator and maybe subscribe to something else. You can only add services online not cancel them.

Reactions: pattykay
The removal online of the HD Extra Pack is working now, at least for me. I just both removed and reactivated it online just now.

When I called to cancel the movie channels I asked why I can't cancel on the website. She told me so you would talk to an operator and maybe subscribe to something else. You can only add services online not cancel them.

I got the same thing when trying to cancel Premiums. Taking a page right out of the AOL playbook... make it harder to cancel, and earn the contempt of consumers at the same time.

Reactions: pattykay
The online removal of the HD Extra Pack worked for me. I re-logged back into my account and now it only has $4.99 as the option. Was anyone else successful recently in getting 3 months free after removing it online?

The online removal of the HD Extra Pack worked for me. I re-logged back into my account and now it only has $4.99 as the option. Was anyone else successful recently in getting 3 months free after removing it online?

I just looked at my account online and noticed that I'm being charged too. Well it's only 5 bucks. I guess DIRECTV is on to people doing that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)