HD Extra Pack Free for 3 Months (And Free Preview April 21-28)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
If you have not logged into your DirecTV account for a while, you may notice some recent changes. If you do not have an online account, you may want to consider getting one. In the "My Programming" tab, click on "My Premium Channels," you will notice "HD Extra Pack" for the price of "$0.00 for 3 months." A relative had the offer in the past, and it is back as it previously stated "$4.99/month." Just remember to cancel it after three months unless you want to keep it for the regular price of $4.99/month. I am not sure if there will be a limit to the offer after the (possible first) three months like in the past with the offer.

I am sure that most members know that HD Access ($10/month) is required to view the HD Extra Pack. Currently, the HD Extra Pack is regular $4.99/month and includes the following six channels:

Channel 255, MGM HD
Channel 259, Universal HD
Channel 267, Smithsonian HD
Channel 289, Crime & Investigation HD
Channel 332, Palladia HD
Channel 552, HDNET MOVIES

Please note the following channel changes that will occur soon:
255 562 MGM HD April 28
259 564 Universal HD April 28
267 565 Smithsonian HD April 28
289 566 Crime and Investigation HD April 28
332 567 Palladia HD April 28
552 561 HDNet Movies HD April 28

For more information visit the HD Extra Pack website at DirecTV's website.

Added it. I rarely watched it when I had it before, but hey, for free, why not? Thanks for the heads up. Now remind me in three months to cancel!!!!

DirecTV shows a free trial of HD Extra April 21-28 on their homepage.

Guess we should have waited until the 29th to click for the 3 free months.

Oh well, it's only a week ;)

Added it. I rarely watched it when I had it before, but hey, for free, why not? Thanks for the heads up. Now remind me in three months to cancel!!!!
YEP, In 3 months HBO,Cinemax and HD extra will be dropped for me.
Showtime and Starz I might hang onto.
Wife likes Tuders and I like Inside Nascar on Showtime.
Starz I'll keep for the good value in movie channels.

I always watch those stations, I like Hdnet movies and Palladia.
the HD pic quality on those channels is good too.it would be nice if directv got rid off this HD extra pack and just included these in their regular programing packages

With the channels announced today, Satracer reports that Hallmark Movie Channel will join the HD Extra Pack in May.

Others will be added at future dates, but in the early rollouts HMC is the only one being added to the $5 pack.

Jason Crandall said:
With the channels announced today, Satracer reports that Hallmark Movie Channel will join the HD Extra Pack in May.

Others will be added at future dates, but in the early rollouts HMC is the only one being added to the $5 pack.
The new channel additions to the HD extra pack may be a reason as to why they are doing this offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet. thanks for the information.
i just wish that they would be part of the regular hd pack anyways. dont understand why directv cant do that

If you have not logged into your DirecTV account for a while, you may notice some recent changes. If you do not have an online account, you may want to consider getting one. In the "My Programming" tab, click on "My Premium Channels," you will notice "HD Extra Pack" for the price of "$0.00 for 3 months." A relative had the offer in the past, and it is back as it previously stated "$4.99/month." Just remember to cancel it after three months unless you want to keep it for the regular price of $4.99/month. I am not sure if there will be a limit to the offer after the (possible first) three months like in the past with the offer.

I am sure that most members know that HD Access ($10/month) is required to view the HD Extra Pack. Currently, the HD Extra Pack is regular $4.99/month and includes the following six channels:

Channel 255, MGM HD
Channel 259, Universal HD
Channel 267, Smithsonian HD
Channel 289, Crime & Investigation HD
Channel 332, Palladia HD
Channel 552, HDNET MOVIES

Please note the following channel changes that will occur soon:
255 562 MGM HD April 28
259 564 Universal HD April 28
267 565 Smithsonian HD April 28
289 566 Crime and Investigation HD April 28
332 567 Palladia HD April 28
552 561 HDNet Movies HD April 28

For more information visit the HD Extra Pack website at DirecTV's website.
In addition to the extra monthly fees, are there any special equipment required? Such as an additional dish if the new stuff is coming from a different satellite, or a different receiver. I have a 3 LNB dish feeding am HR21-700. Will I need more, like a 5 LNB dish? I'm in central florida and get very good reception now.

This is my first post on this forum or on any forum anywhere for that matter, so if I am in the wrong place or doing something wrong, please set me straight.

No additional equipment is required to receive the HD Extra Pack. If you already have HD Access, they're just a phone call and a keystroke away (or just a few keystrokes if you have your account setup online).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts