HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!

Beginning 2/21, TLC will no longer be included in the Welcome Pack and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries will be added.
When this happens, one HD feed will be removed, and a different HD feed added. Combined with the launch of Pop HD, Welcome Pack would still be up one HD channel, but trading TLC HD for HMM HD and Pop HD does not really feel like an upgrade, considering that HMM had frequently been featured in free preview anyway.

Are HD channels still included in the Welcome Pack? My mother has been getting WP for several years. She just got an HD television, but I noticed her channels are SD -- she gets no HD, other than a couple of free preview channels. When I called Dish about this, the rep told me HD is not included in the Welcome Pack.

Are HD channels still included in the Welcome Pack? My mother has been getting WP for several years. She just got an HD television, but I noticed her channels are SD -- she gets no HD, other than a couple of free preview channels. When I called Dish about this, the rep told me HD is not included in the Welcome Pack.
The rep was mistaken. Were you in a favorites list, or was the guide set to All Channels? Which model receiver?

When this happens, one HD feed will be removed, and a different HD feed added. Combined with the launch of Pop HD, Welcome Pack would still be up one HD channel, but trading TLC HD for HMM HD and Pop HD does not really feel like an upgrade, considering that HMM had frequently been featured in free preview anyway.
It seems to be official now. Hallmark Movies and Mysteries HD has been added to Welcome Pack.

Reactions: ncted
With the latest price increase, my bill with Dish has gotten to the point where I think I'm ready to downgrade to the Welcome Pack. For $20/month including locals it's hard to beat.

It’s not just hard to beat, it’s wonderful. Combine Welcome Pack with some OTA channels and one or two premiums and it’s a great deal

Reactions: pattykay
hi. i am using welcome pack. I do watch some tv
tlc 0h well good bye. would of wanted it but i hardly watch it.
locals i need in area where it sucks to receive over the air
like comedy central, oxygen , we, axstv, and halmark for i love lucy
few more channels.
if i had to upgrade again to the flex pack i would add locals and the variety pack.
and keep showtime also.
but i really like oxygen um
some people just want some channels at different times.
oh and encore pack, i like westerns and action encore.
to me welcome pack is a good basic pack.
there is another cable company offering a basic pack for 20 bucks also but not as near as nice as welcome pack.

oh i love justice channel.
i have no problem upgrading but wouldnt watch most of the flex channels. i would still look for the channels via welcome pack in flex pack and watch those same channels.
keep welcome pack keep it a basic package.
future i might upgrade again, then i might then downgrade. basically not every one watches all those flex channels and just want locals, and comedy central tbs justice. that is what i want.
i do watch locals alot, ..
depends on mood etc.
whatever floats my boat *or anyone elses for that matter*
so welcome package matters to me.
i use to have the everything pack for years and still would end up watching these channels.
:) peace
just charge another 2 dollars next year or two years to make it 25 dollars not a problem paying that.
just leave that package alone.
who cares about tlc, * i want it but hey good bye* life will be ok without it cheers

Reactions: pattykay
With the latest price increase, my bill with Dish has gotten to the point where I think I'm ready to downgrade to the Welcome Pack. For $20/month including locals it's hard to beat.

Same here. I was now paying for the 120 package what I had paid years ago for the 250. With the latest bill increase I went to the Welcome Pack and I'm supplementing by looking at some streaming options (trying a trial of Directv Now this month).

Don’t forget that the Welcome Pack provides access to the periodic free previews of the premium services like HBO, Starz, Sho-time, etc. We use our Hopper 3’s 16 tuners to load up the disk without worrying about recording conflicts. By the time my wife and I get through those recordings, it is usually time for another premium service free preview :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts