HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am planning to upgrade my Dish to a DISH HD dish and a Wally receiver, I want to make sure will I be getting my locals and other channels on HD? Can someone please confirm and suggest what equipment I need to get HD?
You would need the complete Western Arc, so any WA Dish 1000 would work for you, as long as you have line of sight to all three satellite locations. (110, 119, 129) The Wally will definitely work.

It seems to be official now. Hallmark Movies and Mysteries HD has been added to Welcome Pack.

I may have posted too soon, since it appears that some Welcome Pack subscribers are not yet getting HMM. Stay tuned for updates.
Okay, let's try this again...

Now, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries HD has been officially added to Welcome Pack.

Reactions: TheKrell
If they take the Epix channels out of my Movie Pack, I can just drop it since I get HMM in my Welcome Pack now. HMM was the only other main channel that I liked other than Epix. I did watch Pixel once in a while, but it is not worth $10 a month.

If they take the Epix channels out of my Movie Pack, I can just drop it since I get HMM in my Welcome Pack now. HMM was the only other main channel that I liked other than Epix. I did watch Pixel once in a while, but it is not worth $10 a month.
PIXL is also in Heartland for $6 per month, regularly offered at half-price ($3 per month for six months) or free for three months if you ask for a deal on Heartland.

At least Epix get MGM LIONSGATE and PARAMOUNT movies better then Starz with only Sony films

I never received so much as an email advising me of the removal, as some people did. I called Dish and complained and they said "Oh well. Switch to Flex Pack and pay $13 more." No thanks.

...and another $12 a month for locals and possibly more monthly charges for additional add-on packs. We are not jumping for joy either about the change. I would have never known the channel was going away had it not been for this forum because we never got an e-mail or any sort of communication to my knowledge.

Has anyone renewed their $5 per month Movie Pack? If so, did you lose the Epix channels or did you keep the grandfathered Epix channels?

Our renewal is coming up in a few days like three days....If Epix is gone after we have selected to continue at $10/month, we will most likely drop the Dish Movie Pack and go with the $6/month Encore Movie Pack. I guess we will have to start thinking like Dish. I think a free preview is coming up, and I think there is a $3/month for 3 months special offer. LOL I mean it is getting ridiculous with all the channel drops from the Dish Movie Pack. We used to like the different variety of shows and channels like Palladia (now MTV Live), the older shows on Logo and BetHer (then Centric), Starz Cinema, etc. before they renamed it several times.

I never received so much as an email advising me of the removal, as some people did. I called Dish and complained and they said "Oh well. Switch to Flex Pack and pay $13 more." No thanks.

To add on to this, I was pretty much told the same thing and even given the cancellation number. I thought Dish was trying to retain customers. Anyway, for that amount more (although we do not really want to pay that much more a month either), one could add Philo for $16/$20 a month. FMI for anyone interested: Philo - Your favorite shows have a new home

The $16 pack has: A&E, amc, Animal Planet, BBC America, BBC World News, BET, cheddar, CMT, Comedy Central, Discovery, diy, Food Network, fyi, GSN, HGTV, IFC, ID, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, MTV, MTV 2, Nick, OWN, Paramount Network (formerly Spike), Science Channel, Sundance TV, Nick Jr., TeenNick, History, TLC, Travel Channel, TV Land, Velocity, VH-1, Viceland, and WE TV.

For an optional $4 more a month, you may also add: American Heroes Channel (AHC), BET*her, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, Logo, MTV Live, and Nicktoons.

I have seen referral links, and trust me mine is not a referral link. I have never had the service; so, I am not sure how well it works. My worry is always with the future of the Internet with all the talks of net neutrality, possible data caps, and all that jazz.

It does not have much in sports, but we do not care about that. Of course, there are other streaming options; some even include some locals in some markets. Having all our locals is one reason we keep Dish as there are many in our market, and we do not have much luck with an indoor antenna. However, we may consider an outside one eventually in cases of emergencies or when the satellite goes out.

To add on to this, I was pretty much told the same thing and even given the cancellation number. I thought Dish was trying to retain customers. Anyway, for that amount more (although we do not really want to pay that much more a month either), one could add Philo for $16/$20 a month. FMI for anyone interested: Philo - Your favorite shows have a new home

The $16 pack has: A&E, amc, Animal Planet, BBC America, BBC World News, BET, cheddar, CMT, Comedy Central, Discovery, diy, Food Network, fyi, GSN, HGTV, IFC, ID, Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, MTV, MTV 2, Nick, OWN, Paramount Network (formerly Spike), Science Channel, Sundance TV, Nick Jr., TeenNick, History, TLC, Travel Channel, TV Land, Velocity, VH-1, Viceland, and WE TV.

For an optional $4 more a month, you may also add: American Heroes Channel (AHC), BET*her, Cooking Channel, Destination America, Discovery Family, Discovery Life, Logo, MTV Live, and Nicktoons.

I have seen referral links, and trust me mine is not a referral link. I have never had the service; so, I am not sure how well it works. My worry is always with the future of the Internet with all the talks of net neutrality, possible data caps, and all that jazz.

It does not have much in sports, but we do not care about that. Of course, there are other streaming options; some even include some locals in some markets. Having all our locals is one reason we keep Dish as there are many in our market, and we do not have much luck with an indoor antenna. However, we may consider an outside one eventually in cases of emergencies or when the satellite goes out.

I’ve been using Philo for a couple of months. We used it for the DVR until DirecTV Now gets a DVR. Works great! It’s only available on Roku and the web at the moment (Apple TV coming soon) and there’s no grid guide on the Roku app, but it works very well for what it does. And it’s cheap!

To add on to this, I was pretty much told the same thing and even given the cancellation number. I thought Dish was trying to retain customers.
They're probably trying to cut down on their loss-leader customers (Welcome Pack). The ones that aren't making them any money or losing them money. :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
They're probably trying to cut down on their loss-leader customers (Welcome Pack). The ones that aren't making them any money or losing them money. :)

Oh yes, I definitely agree. And I don't blame them. But nowadays my Dish system just complements my streaming options. I have hundreds of movies and TV series on my H3 hard drive I don't want to lose, and having my OTA locals + "moved" locals is worth the $22.99 per month + Hopper fee. But the channels I'm missing on Dish, I already get with Sling TV and other streaming options.

I think if they have 1 million users buying the welcome pack at 23 dollars a month they make good money *not saying they do. But that would be good. for example here is an article showing sling has 2 million customers, and if they make 20 dollars per customer a month times two million users thats a good sum of money a month. In one year thats pretty good.
so if they have 2 million customers and say 2 million pay 20 a month, and they can make about 480,000,000 million a year that aint bad. :) *maybe less if customer stop service for a month or two. something better then nothing
oh and direct tv is to expensive

Better to make some kind of money then nothing. :)Dish reveals it has over 2 million Sling TV subscribers
Dish reveals it has over 2 million Sling TV subscribers

link
btw *by the way* 23 is not bad* tlc was good, but i dont care for it, the other channels they added are ok, but i added heartland package and have own, for 3 a month.
I watch tv, but i usually watch all the new movies that come out so many movies to watch.
I use it for locals and like tbs, comedy, axstv, and some other channels.

Oh yes, I definitely agree. And I don't blame them. But nowadays my Dish system just complements my streaming options. .....
Exactly. We use our Dish Welcome Pack for locals (primarily for the news) and free previews of Premium packages (e.g. HBO etc.). The rest of the channels are just clutter in the guide that we hide via Favorites. The majority of what we watch is via streaming (Amazon Prime +Acorn TV). Periodically we turn on another streaming service like Netflix for a month or so.

I hope Dish continues to offer the Welcome Pack. Even though we own ALL of our Dish equipment, without the Welcome Pack, we’d cancel Dish in a heart beat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts