HD feeds being added to Welcome Pack!

Can anyone confirm that ME-TV 247 is in the welcome pack? I see that GRIT, LAFF, BUZZR are included by tapping on the "Logo coming soon" icon.

What other package add ons can you add?

Thanks.

Can anyone confirm that ME-TV 247 is in the welcome pack? I see that GRIT, LAFF, BUZZR are included by tapping on the "Logo coming soon" icon.

What other package add ons can you add?

Thanks.
Generally, you can add any add-on package to Welcome Pack that is not listed as a Channel Pack add-on for Flex Pack. Heartland and Outdoor are the exceptions to that rule, since they can also be added to Welcome Pack. Multi-Sport cannot be added to either package.

Reactions: Yragha
HSN HD has been added to Welcome Pack! This should help keep our price down. Oh, wait...

(By the way, the launch of the HD feed also puts HSN on a new channel number: 287 and 74, instead of 222 and 84 where the SD feed was previously.)

It has been awhile since I have updated this thread, but I notice that I am now getting Motortrend channel 246 in HD. Has this channel been added to Welcome Pack? I did not see it listed on the Free Preview page on the Dish website.

Reactions: TheKrell
It has been awhile since I have updated this thread, but I notice that I am now getting Motortrend channel 246 in HD. Has this channel been added to Welcome Pack? I did not see it listed on the Free Preview page on the Dish website.

MotorTrend HD has been added an part of the line up for the Welcome Pack going forward. -Jasmine D.

Thanks! The Dish website still hasn't been updated to reflect this, so hopefully that will get updated soon.
Upon further inspection, the "Compare Packages" page on the website no longer lists Welcome Pack as one of the options available to choose. I did a search for "welcome pack" on the mydish site, and did not find a page for Welcome Pack at all. Individual channel pages (at least the ones I checked) also no longer list Welcome Pack. The "Channel Updates" page does still list Hallmark Movies & Mysteries being added to Welcome Pack way back on 2/7/18. The only update about MotorTrend on the "Channel Updates" page is that it was rebranded from Velocity on 12/5/18. The lack of information (or at least, easy-to-find information) about Welcome Pack on the mydish site makes me wonder if Dish is phasing out this package.

Upon further inspection, the "Compare Packages" page on the website no longer lists Welcome Pack as one of the options available to choose. I did a search for "welcome pack" on the mydish site, and did not find a page for Welcome Pack at all. Individual channel pages (at least the ones I checked) also no longer list Welcome Pack. The "Channel Updates" page does still list Hallmark Movies & Mysteries being added to Welcome Pack way back on 2/7/18. The only update about MotorTrend on the "Channel Updates" page is that it was rebranded from Velocity on 12/5/18. The lack of information (or at least, easy-to-find information) about Welcome Pack on the mydish site makes me wonder if Dish is phasing out this package.

What is the current price for Welcome Pack? I've been out of the loop for awhile.

What is the current price for Welcome Pack? I've been out of the loop for awhile.
The same as it was last time. ($25.99 for those of us who are grandfathered, $29.99 for those who signed up after this year's price changes.) Whether the package is still available to new subscribers at this point, or how much it will cost after the (expected) upcoming price changes, I have no idea.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Clicking on the "Compare Packages" button on that page does not work at all. The page that loads has a box in the middle of the screen with an endless "Processing, please wait..."
Probably because the beginning link is attached to a package that is no longer available...

Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 3.16.43 PM.png
`

Probably because the beginning link is attached to a package that is no longer available...

View attachment 142233`
That page has said "No Longer for Sale" for a long time, though, even when all of us here knew that the package was still available to existing Dish subscribers, and even to new subscribers who switched packages after signing up. I think that "No Longer for Sale" message was simply meant to indicate that brand-new Dish subscribers could not pick Welcome Pack when they sign up. Instead, you had to activate the account with a different package, and then switch to Welcome Pack.

I guess the question is whether things have changed since then, making the "No Longer for Sale" actually accurate this time, except for those of us who already have the package. Even if that is the case, existing Welcome Pack subscribers should still be able to use the "Compare Packages" link, just in case we might be considering upgrading packages. With Dish's policies about Welcome Pack (including grandfathering existing subscribers at a lower rate) they seem to be discouraging Welcome Pack subscribers from upgrading, or from making any changes to our accounts at all. This would seem to be counter-intuitive, since preventing us from upgrading (or adding Channel Packs) is costing Dish revenue, even if we only would have kept the higher package for a month before downgrading again.

Unfortunately DIRT can only talk about what they are told they can talk about. Sometimes things we see are not official until they are made official in the systems DIRT uses.

I would expect the HD channels in the welcome pack will be official in a few weeks.
I have been getting HD in the Welcome Pack since I downgraded to it a couple years ago. My name is Groucho Marx in case anyone from Dish sees this.
My complaints are I can't get Fox News in the Welcome Pack and my bill is still too high. And the harddrive in my H3 is way too small 8 or 10 TB would be better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)