HD Free For Life Returns!

I read on this site a while back that the profit margin on programming was 60% for Dish Network but that might have been gross.

If that's true, then Dish should update their website. They still have their old SD receivers (322, 512, 625, etc...) listed on their receivers page. http://www.dish.com/technology/receivers-dvrs/

Those receivers are still eligible for installs but any retailer is going to install HD only equipment. If a retailer had older receivers they could still use them on installs in order to get rid of inventory. Customers can still purchase these receivers and activate them as well so the SD models are still relevant.

They must still have a lot of inventory of those old receivers to keep using them for installs...

I don't know who would use them on a new install. They typically get used when people want to purchase equipment or if they don't qualify for the free promotions. The SD receivers are cheaper so people go that route to keep costs down.

Plus, as I mentioned earlier, a PIA customer on a WA install, only qualifies for one leased Sd nondvr. Anything more than that can result in extra fees. And the retailer may sell them to RV customers that just need something quick and easy. I see the 311 going easier then the 625 for those two cases.

Existing customers who currently receive HD Free for 24 Months will be automatically switched to HD Free for Life. They will not roll to pay once the 24-month free period expires.
Existing customers who complete a DISH’n It Up or Move-In Deal Receiver Upgrade that includes an upgrade to HD programming/equipment for the first time on or after November 6 also will receive HD Free for Life.
Existing customers who do not already subscribe to HD programming will not have it added to their account with this update.
Item 3...So if one is an SD customer, they are NOT eligible for this promotion?

So if you had HD prior to the switch to Free for 24 Months you were not paying extra for it. If you signed up during the Free for 24 Months period you are going to be switched to Free for Life. So come the 6th of November nobody should be paying for HD correct? I do not even know why they are differentiating between HD and SD. HD is now the standard. Does anyone even have an SD tv any more? I do not know anyone with an SD TV and that includes my technology challenged 80 year old parents and some retaliative poor people. SD tv have not even been available for purchase new in over 5 years; close to 10. I had a garage sale last week and put a 27" SD JVC TV out and put a sign on FREE. I made close to $300 in my garage sale but no one took the TV I had to take it to the thrift store.
I don't have HD. I don't have it because I have never had a contract with Dish. From day one 17 years ago. I purchased my equipment. Installed it myself. All replacement equipment is listed as "owned"...
I suppose I could go with HD. I have an EA 1K.4 sitting in my garage..But only if I don't have to pay for it. If it's extra, I can live without it.

Item 3...So if one is an SD customer, they are NOT eligible for this promotion?

If you were an SD customer then you would have to upgrade to HD equipment and subscribe to HD programming. At that point you'd have to agree to auto pay and paperless billing to get HD for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts