HD hook up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gsford28

Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
hello all i just hooked up a vip 211 i have a dish 500 with a DP plus lnb im im trying to hook up a single dish to another satt....but im not sure what satt to aim at for all the HD chanells and how to hook up another satt to my ird....thanks and very nice looking site

im in central fl, i have a second dish up and trying to hit 65.5 i get signal and do a check switch but i only show 110 and 119 im using a DP 34 switch

Which sat., 61.5 or 129, depends to some extent on your location (some areas can't "see" 129 and it's spotty in others) and also which one carries your HD locals, if any are available yet on E*. Where are you located? Keep in mind that some HD nationals are on E*8 at 110.

Check here for a list of what channels are on which satellite (kudos TNGTony and others):

Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

Also - How are you going to connect that 3rd LNB? The DP Plus won't do it alone, you'll need a switch with down leads going to it from all 3 LNBs. Alternately you can use a DPP Twin on the 110/119 dish. It has a port on it for a 3rd LNB and the switch built in.

Welcome, BTW...

OK - I had fumbling fingers as I tried to enter info on two replies. Sorry for repeated posts earlier.

The 34 switch should do it. You'll definitely need to hit 61.5 as CFL is an area outside the footprint for 129. Use the dishpointer link JimK2 provided above to confirm your settings. You might want to try a different input port on the switch for the 61.5 downlead to see if the problem is in the LNB or wiring. Others may have other ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts