Am I going to need a 2nd dish installed for HD?

JusJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I finally took the leap today and ordered Dish HD, along with a 722 HD DVR.

After getting off of the phone, I started wondering if I was going to need to have an additional dish installed.

Currently.......We've had our dish for just under 5 years, and we've always had the 200 channel "pack". I remember at one time I read somewhere that to get certain channels you would have to have a 2nd (free) dish installed.

Along with upgrade to HD, we're also going on and upgrading to the 250 channel "pack".

So the question is...will we be able to get everything on just the one dish, or, are they going to have to install a 2nd dish.?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

You will need another dish installed. You most likely have a Dish 500 now and you need a Dish 1000. The only time you may need a second dish is if you are in a location where you cannot get a good shot at the 129 sat(the one the HD is on), at that point you may need another Sat Dish pointed at 61.5 the HD is alsp mirrored there.

Like ke4est said, you will need a new dish installed. Depending on your location, you will get either a 1000.2 which sees 119, 110 and 129 and it's a single dish or a second dish for 61.5 to add to your D500 which sees 119 and 110.

Where are you located?

Also :welcome to SatelliteGuys Jim!!!!!!!!!!1

the MPEG4 HD channels are not on the 61.5 or the 148. so you have to go 129. In most cases you only need the new 1000 dish and thats it. depending on LOS a 2nd dish may be needed. trust me the installer is not going to add a 2nd dish unless absolutely necessary

the MPEG4 HD channels are not on the 61.5 or the 148. so you have to go 129. In most cases you only need the new 1000 dish and thats it. depending on LOS a 2nd dish may be needed. trust me the installer is not going to add a 2nd dish unless absolutely necessary

You are incorrect sir. All HD programming on 129 is on 61.5. However, you are right about nothing being on 148.

I finally took the leap today and ordered Dish HD, along with a 722 HD DVR.

After getting off of the phone, I started wondering if I was going to need to have an additional dish installed.

Currently.......We've had our dish for just under 5 years, and we've always had the 200 channel "pack". I remember at one time I read somewhere that to get certain channels you would have to have a 2nd (free) dish installed.

Along with upgrade to HD, we're also going on and upgrading to the 250 channel "pack".

So the question is...will we be able to get everything on just the one dish, or, are they going to have to install a 2nd dish.?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I got my 722 rec.DVR installed 3 mos. ago & the installer told me the 2nd dish was for the HD chs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts