HD in RV problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

erm

Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Texas
I have a slimeline dish I bought for the rv. It came with a lnb that says multi-satellite ka ku lnb it says it gets 99/101/103 was not able to get hd chanels. I am getting 89 on the 101, 90 on the 110/, 97 on the 119. I can not get anything on the 99 or 103. I thought it was the lnb, so I bought a multi-Satellite ka ku lnb that is 99/101/110/119. Still cant get hd chanels. I dont have any multi switch's or swim. At home we have the swim. I have two seperate wires running to the rv for each box. My boxes are hd-600. There are four wires running from each lnb. Would it be wise for me to buy a signal meter? I was looking at the acutrac22 pro. Would it be easy for me to use. We travel alot, if alignment is the issue. I can get all chanels but HD Satellite dish 001.JPG

Satellite dish 002.JPG

Satellite dish 003.JPG

You didn't mention the exact model# of your receivers but chances are you need to use b-band converters on them in conjunction with a non-swm dish. Some of the newer receivers don't need them but most do.

You didn't mention the exact model# of your receivers but chances are you need to use b-band converters on them in conjunction with a non-swm dish. Some of the newer receivers don't need them but most do.

I thought the HD20 was the model. It's Dirctv brand

Definitely check that you have the b-band converters for the HD with that dish.

Assuming you have those, setting up the dish and getting a signal is easier than you might think with this. I too have an RV and before I had the Winegard installed on the roof, I used the Slimline Dish (with the 3 LNB's - like your second picture). Basically all I had to do was get the settings for where we were parked, adjust the dish, and then dial it into the 101 satellite using one of the very basic signal meters.

Once I got a strong signal on the 101, I was pretty solid with all the sats although sometimes a little fine tuning was required to get the 103 Sat (or whichever one contains the HD channels).

Just thought of another thing - you said you could not get the HD channels. Are you getting any channels? If not, you may be running the sat wires into the RV wiring that contains a splitter in the run. Try running the sat wire directly to the dish and see what happens.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Guys,
Every thin stated applies. Check those. Then inspect the setup....in MUNU...and DISH SELECT.
Know that there is a phase III dish that "sees" 101 110 & 119
there is a 5LNB Ka/Ku dish but has what appears to be three horns. This dish "sees"
99, 191,193...110 &119...the recent version is a Slimline
there is a 3 LNB Ka/Ku dish-LNB that "sees" 99, 101 & 103

And there some Single Wire Multiswitch LNBs..a 3, a 5 (rare) and an 8

You must have the 99 and or the 103 for HD...this varies around the country.

Verify that you have selected the correct dish.

Joe

Definitely check that you have the b-band converters for the HD with that dish.

Assuming you have those, setting up the dish and getting a signal is easier than you might think with this. I too have an RV and before I had the Winegard installed on the roof, I used the Slimline Dish (with the 3 LNB's - like your second picture). Basically all I had to do was get the settings for where we were parked, adjust the dish, and then dial it into the 101 satellite using one of the very basic signal meters.

Once I got a strong signal on the 101, I was pretty solid with all the sats although sometimes a little fine tuning was required to get the 103 Sat (or whichever one contains the HD channels).

Just thought of another thing - you said you could not get the HD channels. Are you getting any channels? If not, you may be running the sat wires into the RV wiring that contains a splitter in the run. Try running the sat wire directly to the dish and see what happens.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply! I do get all other chanels. I do run the wires straight from the sat. to the rv no splitters involved. It's the 99 and 103 I am unable to get anything on.

Well if you have an H20-100 or an H20-600 then you need B-band converters. Do you have them or not? The exact model number should be on a sticker located behind the drop down door where the access card is.

My neighbor gave us a B Band converter and, if I connected right( from line commng inside from sat. to the box) I get nothng. I do have the H20-600.

Guys,
Every thin stated applies. Check those. Then inspect the setup....in MUNU...and DISH SELECT.
Know that there is a phase III dish that "sees" 101 110 & 119
there is a 5LNB Ka/Ku dish but has what appears to be three horns. This dish "sees"
99, 191,193...110 &119...the recent version is a Slimline
there is a 3 LNB Ka/Ku dish-LNB that "sees" 99, 101 & 103

And there some Single Wire Multiswitch LNBs..a 3, a 5 (rare) and an 8

You must have the 99 and or the 103 for HD...this varies around the country.

Verify that you have selected the correct dish.

Joe

Oh, thank you, thank you. Changing the dish settings solved the problem. I didn't have the choices the other day. I only had two. I had like 12 or 18 today. I also connected the B Band converter today and it also worked!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)