HD in the Kalamazoo Area

nmf28

Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
I called Dish last night to activate my Free Starz coupon for being on paperless and auto billing. I was informed that they could only activate Starz on 61.5. I currently have 110, 119, 129, and 118. I do have 61.5 as a wing but it is not hooked up. Is Dish trying to force the Kalamazoo area into the Eastern Arc. I know there are going to be some HD changes at the end of December. I have been with Dish for 10 years and have installed all my own dishes and switches. Am I going to have to hook up 61.5 (I have all the switches)? Does anyone else in the Kalamazoo area have 110, 119, and 129 as their dish setup. Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks.

I finally got the free Starz activated on 129 using dish chat with the Tech Department. Is Dish going to move Kalamazoo local HD channels to 61.5 only and force everyone in this area to the eastern arc? They are currently on both 129 and 61.5. I really don't care about my local HD channels on dish (I also get them over the air). I have poor LOS on the eastern Arc, that's why I pushed for 129. Trying to deal with customer service is to difficult, I'm going right to the Tech Department next time.

I'm glad that the Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo are moving back to the western arc. I think that dish had the wrong info about what satellites I get. I kept telling them that my locals were on 129 and that I don't have 61.5 hooked up.

Kalamazoo gets the Grand Rapids locals. Why are they moving Detroit and GR back to Western Arc Ice. Do you know?

I honestly dont know. I just linked the note Scott got that said they were moving some markets to WA. I'm the same here in Minneapolis. I only see a few EA dishes but most new installs that are Dish have been WA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)