HD lite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
further note

My C-band SDTV (standard def) actually looks better than some so called HDTV channels that were provided by the pizza pan pushers and local snake cord parasites (cable company). As most of you gathered I am a big fan of c-band.

Here a while back a representative from one of the pizza pan pushers came to my door, and was trying to sell me a pizza pan and two cheap little receiver that of course were "free" with "professional" installation. They went on to tell me how my big dish was not going to work anymore when everything went digital.

Haaa! What con-artist school of technology did this guy graduate from, I assume he has never heard of DVB or Digicipher 2. I politely told him to leave that I knew a little more about satellite systems than he did. *good insult.:)

LonghornXP said:
You just aren't grasping how many problems and parties are involved in this mess. I don't blame you because its quite hard to explain in detail enough for others to understand the issues involved. Next week if you have Sunday Ticket see what game is being shown on your local Fox and CBS station and look for the game that isn't your local team. When that game is on try and tune the game in in the 700s and see it for yourself. Next year if you also get Sunday Ticket do the same exact same thing and you will see that I'm right on this. I may be wrong on some things and I admit that but I'm 100% right on this and in no way will I ever be wrong on this. When you do the above look for that message that says this event or program has been blacked out in your area.
This also has everything todo with CBS, Fox and DirecTV and not the NFL. CBS and Fox wanted DirecTV to blackout the games shown on every customers local channels in the 700s range. So say if my hometown has the Bucs as I've said above and say that game is on at 1pm on Fox. Now say that CBS and Fox have the 4pm game. With the rules today all three of those games will be blacked out in the 700s thus forcing me to watch them on "my" local Fox and CBS stations.
CBS and Fox had the excuse that they were losing advertising money because customers weren't watching them on their local stations. This was settled behind the scenes and the ruling was that the local stations are being compensated by every NFL Sunday Ticket customer and because of this that customer should have the right to watch the game on the Sunday Ticket channels.
This was all done behind the scenes out of the public eye and because of how many complaints DirecTV had to deal with and the fact that they were going to offer HD local channels they as in Fox decided its best if Fox worked in their next upcoming contract that they couldn't force DirecTV to blackout the games. This was all an internal deal if you will. That left CBS and DirecTV was convincing enough to get CBS to agree to this same deal. They also had to get this issue closed up because it was a chance for a class action lawsuit.
Just remember I may not have everything 100% accurate but its very close and also remember that I do know a few people high up in DirecTV and I hear things that would shock even you that I can't even say even if I wanted to.
I also won't argue with you either but if the above information doesn't fill the picture for you than nothing ever will at least I can't make it any clearer.

longhorn,
i thought you were talking about the local team only. hell if the others were blacked out for the reason you are stating, id be p*ssed too! BUT it must not violate the NFL contract or the league would have stepped in. sorry about the confusion.
happy new year to you and yours.

LonghornXP said:
I've been told by several people that everything will get back upto par in picture quality in 2007-2008. Also you won't read a press release stating this for one simple small reason. They can't promise a date until they can actually fix it.

Plus, very few companies are dumb enough to announce a fix for something which very few people realize is broken. :)

dragon002 said:
longhorn,
i thought you were talking about the local team only. hell if the others were blacked out for the reason you are stating, id be p*ssed too! BUT it must not violate the NFL contract or the league would have stepped in. sorry about the confusion.
happy new year to you and yours.

No problem and I knew you didn't quite understand what I was talking about once you kept saying local team. That was when I knew you needed to know it wasn't just the local teams. I'm glad we got this figured out and I'm sorry if I got a little testy with you. You also have a great happy new year as well.

CPanther95 said:
Plus, very few companies are dumb enough to announce a fix for something which very few people realize is broken. :)
Very few HD customers know theres a problem???

vurbano said:
Very few HD customers know theres a problem???

Unfortunately, very few people (taken from the whole 14 million subs) realize that D*'s HD is sub-par. There are no statistics to prove it, but I'd be very comfortable wagering that even looking only at the 600K-650K HD subs, the vast majority of those subs probably have no idea what "real" HD is.

CPanther95 said:
Unfortunately, very few people (taken from the whole 14 million subs) realize that D*'s HD is sub-par. There are no statistics to prove it, but I'd be very comfortable wagering that even looking only at the 600K-650K HD subs, the vast majority of those subs probably have no idea what "real" HD is.

Average people that have a 42" HDTV will notice less than someone with a 100" FP, when it comes down to HD-lite. Most don't have a reference source to compare it to either. Directv may be the only provider they have in the house, even if they have OTA HD at full rez, chances are that the station is multicasting :(.

What?

What is really sad is that you have members like me who get on this website to learn about the technology and encounter these threads that have little to do with clarifying the subject matter and a lot to do with finger pointing and name calling. I'm still as confused as to what it is that Im getting from Direct TV on ESPN and ESPN 2 in terms of resolution. I think the only part I got was that fighting on this forum is like the special olympics that even if you win you're still retarded:tux:

dragon002 said:
RIF,,
the discription of this forum is THE DIRECTV HDTV FORUM, not who agrees with "RIF WANTS HDTV HIS WAY FORUM", me and others not agreeing with you HD fanatics who want YOUR HD YOUR WAY at any cost to the others , DOES NOT MAKE US TROLLS, it makes you LIBERALS. i have as much right to express my opine here a s you do. and OPINE I WLLL.
.....bob:cool:
Are you truly as ignorant as your posts indicate? Since your reading comprehension is suspect, let me break this down using small words that even you can understand. First, my comments concerning the FCC and ATSC standards were appropriate for this thread titled "HD Lite" and should provoke meaningful dialog and not...well, I'm not quite sure how to classify your comments, but I will get back to you after reading through the DSM-IV.

As for your "Does not make us trolls" comment: what kind of drugs are you smoking, injecting, snorting and/or anally inserting? You must be chemically imbibed since my comment on infamous trolls clearly made reference to dragon and NOT dragon002. Is there something you misunderstood or misinterpreted in my comment? It sounds like you must have a guilty conscience if you ask my opinion (rhetorical question by the way). Jeesh! Learn to read Chumly!

"it makes you LIBERALS" - er, what? Since we were not discussion politics and none of my comments were politically motivated---none of my comments demonstrated my political affiliation---then how could you possibly misconstrue that I am a LIBERAL? Please explain your logic? For the record, I am retired from the military (USMC) and I am very conservative. I'm currently enrolled in a Masters program in Education (3rd one by the way) so that I am qualified to begin my next career, post Defense Contractor, as a teacher. I plan to teach by example the fundamentals of self-reliance, responsibility, and accountability, in addition to English, Math, and Science. Again, how do you deduce that I am liberal? That too was a rhetorical question because you obviously have no idea what the differences are between a liberal and a conservative do you. You simply call everyone a liberal because they have a different opinion and/or you are unable to argue your point; it's a flippant comment that you use without rhyme or reason. Yikes!

Lastly, regarding your only relevant point in this discussion, "me and others not agreeing with you HD fanatics who want YOUR HD YOUR WAY at any cost to the others". The great philosopher once questioned, "It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied." All I can say is I hope you enjoy the slop D* and E* are feeding you; you've made your sty and now you gotta live in it. However, if you think me and the vast majority of others on this Forum are going to settle for HD-Lite....in a pigs eye!

I warned many people about what D* had in mind last year at avs with my satire bit. I see now that it has come true. Many of you who don't care/mind will be regretting this decision if you ever have a big hdtv or FP. We are paying for something that isn't real hd. I see I need to bring back the "Apologist" character to avs as they are letting this fly as they also do over there. If you speak your mind over at avs about D* you will get ripped by many people. D* will lose many subscribers because of these recent decisions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)