HD Locals DNS Waiver Question??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yukon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
HD Locals DNS Waiver Question?? Any D* Employees on the BOARD??

I just got my waivers back from the local affiliates and D* tells me that ABC and FOX ok'd me while NBC and CBS shot me down. All I'm tryin to do is get the 4 major networks in HD. What ticks me off is all the stations are the same distance from my house, so why should 2 of them turn em on and the other 2 shoot me down??? Makes no sense. Is there any other way for me to get the other 2 waivers, or should I be done trying?? thanks in advance...

It doesn't hurt to keep asking for them. It took me three trys to get FOX to grant me a HD-DNS feed.

Keep in mind that not all stations broadcasting equipment is created equal, and while you might not be able to get ABC or FOX OTA, you may be able to receive CBS and/or NBC OTA with the right antenna

So If I want to get the wiavers myself do I contact my local station??

One thing you can do is request for a signal test. If they show that you cannot get their signal in reliably then they have to grant the waiver to you.

Back on April 3rd I was turned off by D* distant HD locals. Made a phone call and I was able to get them back within hours. Just make sure you talk to a manager, cause most CSR are clueless re: Distant HD Locals.

If my local Station doesn't even broadcast in High Def does that auto qualify me for distant feed??

If I happen to run across the right person at D* will they possibly give me the HD locals without waiver?? I mean really its 2 friggin channels.. not like I'm a terrorist

yukon said:
If I happen to run across the right person at D* will they possibly give me the HD locals without waiver?? I mean really its 2 friggin channels.. not like I'm a terrorist

Ahh! But to the network affiliates, you are a terrorist. trying to subvert their advertising revenue. You should be taken against a wall and shot with a channelmaster antenna. lol

I know your feelings. My CBS affiliate doesn't even have a digital station and refuses to grant waivers as a matter of company policy.

yukon said:

Actually with DNS HD Locals, you get all 8 channels both east and west. That's how I have it here at home.

80 CBS-HD N.Y
81 CBS-HD L.A
82 NBC-HD N.Y
83 NBC-HD L.A
86 ABC-HD N.Y
87 ABC-HD L.A
88 FOX-HD N.Y
89 FOX-HD L.A

Gotta love Jay Leno HD at 835pm :)

hmm.. maybe i should check my ABCW.. i knew i had ABCE didn't ever check the west... So i'll have both.. nice

CBS and NBC can kiss my ARSE.... I'll never watch em again.. so hows that for advertising... all it does is pisses me off

Are there no Cool CSR's that work for D* that monitor this board. Can you please cut on my networks. PM me or something and I'll tell you who I am. I'm not a terrorist, I just want DNS in HD.. thats all. not tryin to harm people..hehe I have talked to everyone in 10 states and still no resolution. And to make it even worse I have a neighbor 1 door down who gets directv last week and they turn on 3 of the networks for him without waivers. Now that really takes the cake. So I talked to everyone in 8 countries last night at D* and pretty much got shot down by everyone. One guy even started hollering at me.

I'm really getting the shaft in this DNS deal. I want to switch to HD but I wanted to make sure I can get the 4 major networks in HD first for watching football and stuff. So I called D* and had them send in my waivers first. While I can get no OTA signal at my house since I live like 4 hours from the city where my locals are from, all the networks except NBC denied me. Is there anything else that I can do?

I know the feeling, I cannot get HD OTA from my house either. I asked for waivers and only got ABC and FOX. I am not really worried about CBS because I have a station that apparently even D* does not know exists just 35 miles from my house according to AntennaWeb. So I will be able to get HD CBS feeds as soon as I get my antenna equipment up in the Attic.

Someone told me that I should ask the NBC affiliate in Indianapolis to do a signal test in Logansport, IN and maybe then they will grant the waiver since their digital signal is not reachable from there.

Now this of course is just a hypothetical for people that must have HD feeds :

Now lets say Some One Who Isnt Me had HD equipment and the HD package. Now like most of you guys are saying SWIM is on the edge of the digital feed for local networks in the area, or the networks don't even broadcast in digital format. So even with an elaborate Off Air Antenna you cant get locals in HD. Now here is the trick. Call DTV and let them know that you have moved (of course this area you move into will be in the middle of nowhere with no local coverage). But also inform them that you will be converting you old home into an office where all of your billing will be sent. At the same time ask to be transferred to the HD DNS department where you will be given all the networks in HD via satellite, no waivers required. Once you get the networks in HD, go onto the DTV website and change you SERVICE address back to your old address. Because of confusing DNS laws, once DTV turns on DNS stations for you, THEY CAN NEVER TURN THEM OFF FOR ANY REASONE EXCEPT YOU ASKING THEM TO! So once you update you address on the webpage your locals will be restored and you wil get to keep the HD Networks FREE!!!!!

You would have to find a Nielsen DMA map and look for the closest unserved analog area, yes analog, because some affiliates will deny based on the analog coverage area they claim because there are no reliable digital coverage maps. AND be ready for some questioning I would suspect.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts