HD Locals for Charleston, WVa. viewing area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

just4coco

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Does anyone know when we might be getting the local channels in HD in the Huntington- Charleston WVa. viewing area.

Yeah I would like to know too. I am assuming not until D11 launches with the spot beam problems that D10 has.

My wife insists on watching local news from WSAZ and it sure looks awful.

I don't suppose they are doing it in HD yet, but it would still look a lot better on an HD channel.

I would think our market would be one of the first to be picked up by D* when they start adding new HD DMAs.

Well to make you WV guys / E KY people feel better here in Louisville, KY we have yet to have local HD yet also.

The people in the Huntington, W.Va. viewing area need to call Directv to ask them to add MyZ TV, to our local channels lineup.

We will not see MyZ for a long time if ever. We don't even have HD locals let alone MyZ. We are probably lucky to even have locals here.

We will not see MyZ for a long time if ever. We don't even have HD locals let alone MyZ. We are probably lucky to even have locals here.

All the locals here are broadcasting in HD, we just don't get them on Directv.

I called Directv today to ask them when we would receive our locals in HD. The csr told me that his records show that our locals don't broadcast in HD yet. I told him I knew they all broadcast in HD. But he insisted that his records show that they didn't, and if they did we would of already had them in HD. Please call and complain to Directv about this bad information they are giving out.

It is very hard to watch our local channels in SD after watching all the new HD channels. Hope to get our locals in HD soon. At least our local channels should let us have a waiver to receive our NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX nationals in HD until Directv gives us our locals in HD.

I get the NY HD locals but I live in an area where I can pick up locals with an antenna.

Did you just get them or were you grandfathered in by having the distant locals.

I was grandfathered in, but you can go online to Directv's website and see if you are eligible for some of them.

I live in Flatwoods. I have tried to use an antenna to get my HD locals. But they are very poor reception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts