HD locals rollout schedule?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pdbuzz

Original poster
Aug 27, 2005
Once upon a time, I thought that I saw a list that showed the DMA ranking and 'rough' HD local rollout schedule. I may have been sniffing glue at the time.:D Could someone confirm or deny this?
Thanks!

Once upon a time, I thought that I saw a list that showed the DMA ranking and 'rough' HD local rollout schedule. I may have been sniffing glue at the time.:D Could someone confirm or deny this?
Thanks!

Well 1st what locals are you looking for??

There was a chart that E* put up at CEA in January of 2006, with a list of DMAs that they hoped to have up by the end of the year. Some of them did show up in 2006, some in 2007, and some never have shown up.

I'm pretty sure the phrase "5 markets per month" was uttered at some point.

You left off the other half of the sentence that says pending the acceptance of Echostar's proposed contract with that market. It's not like the broadcasters are banging down E*'s doors trying to get their content rebroadcast by satellite.

Some of these affiliates are not satellite friendly and some are joined at the hip to a cable distributor.

Eugene OR DMA #120

If they're going to get that high into the local DMA's and they're doing them sequentially. I'm thinking that 8bit's comment hit close to the mark here. Comcast is huge in Oregon.
Thanks for the info!

They aren't doing them in any particular order. That would make no sense to do so.... That implies that the stations in larger markets are "open" to negotiation with E* than smaller market's stations.

You left off the other half of the sentence that says pending the acceptance of Echostar's proposed contract with that market. It's not like the broadcasters are banging down E*'s doors trying to get their content rebroadcast by satellite.

Some of these affiliates are not satellite friendly and some are joined at the hip to a cable distributor.

I tend to believe that the stalled HD locals roll out on E* has a lot more to do with their plans to allocate bandwidth changing than retransmit consent issues.

I think within 6 to 8 months you will see a lot of locals hd channels being launched.

mdonnelly said:
There was a chart that E* put up at CEA in January of 2006, with a list of DMAs that they hoped to have up by the end of the year. Some of them did show up in 2006, some in 2007, and some never have shown up.
The remainder are shown at the bottom of EKB: Dish HD Locals. No word on whether those are still being considered or what else may be next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts