HD Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sssnnnlll

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I am pretty new to DTV and one of the reasons I switched from cable (Charter) was for HD content. Before I signed up I checked the DTV locals for my area (Springfield, MA) and it said they offered ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox in HD.

As it turned out, I had 2 Fox SD channels and no HD when I first activated at the end of October. Fox lists one of the channels as HD (Fox 6 Springfield) and the station owner responded to my inquiry and told me they have never broadcast in HD and they have told DTV this, but to no avail. My other local (Fox 61 from Hartford) does have HD available and all the local cables pick it up, but DTV only broadcasts the SD to my area. I have called and emailed many times about this, with no luck.

Now today, the CBS HD channel that has been on since I joined is now being broadcast in SD. Up until today, the SD version of the channel was CBS3 of Springfield (WSHM) and the HD was WFSB from Hartford, although the DTV directory did not indicate that it was the Hartford station. Now, all of a sudden, both the SD and HD are CBS3 and in SD. I called DTV and got no help at all.

Any idea on what I can do? I would not have switched to DTV if I would have known they would only pick up half my local HDs, especially since they are the 2 primary NFL networks that are not being broadcast in HD. I can live without some of the other locals they don't have here that the cables do like CW, but no Fox and no CBS in HD are not acceptable.

I am pretty new to DTV and one of the reasons I switched from cable (Charter) was for HD content. Before I signed up I checked the DTV locals for my area (Springfield, MA) and it said they offered ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox in HD.

As it turned out, I had 2 Fox SD channels and no HD when I first activated at the end of October. Fox lists one of the channels as HD (Fox 6 Springfield) and the station owner responded to my inquiry and told me they have never broadcast in HD and they have told DTV this, but to no avail. My other local (Fox 61 from Hartford) does have HD available and all the local cables pick it up, but DTV only broadcasts the SD to my area. I have called and emailed many times about this, with no luck.

Now today, the CBS HD channel that has been on since I joined is now being broadcast in SD. Up until today, the SD version of the channel was CBS3 of Springfield (WSHM) and the HD was WFSB from Hartford, although the DTV directory did not indicate that it was the Hartford station. Now, all of a sudden, both the SD and HD are CBS3 and in SD. I called DTV and got no help at all.

Any idea on what I can do? I would not have switched to DTV if I would have known they would only pick up half my local HDs, especially since they are the 2 primary NFL networks that are not being broadcast in HD. I can live without some of the other locals they don't have here that the cables do like CW, but no Fox and no CBS in HD are not acceptable.

Any chance of picking them up ota? You can request an AM21 ota receiver if you have an hd dvr. They don't work with the regular hd receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.