HD loses signal ... SD Okay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
...the saga continues.. Still No Signal

and MATT has absolutely been the most helpful person to talk to. He deserves a raise :)

Is there some obstruction such as a tree in the line of sight.Just curious..Leaves are really growing right now and the symptoms you describe sound very similar.

He has a pretty unique setup (cable running through a pond) because of LOS issues when he was installed about 10 years ago.

In a nut shell, I'm sending someone back out to see if they can get LOS closer to the home.

Some background info on my setup. I requested DishNetwork to install their service on my property in year 2000. The only suitable location for a clear view of the South sky was located about 30' across a shallow pond. The installer set the pole, mounted the dish, and dropped the coax in the pond and ran it to a junction box on the near side of the pond. From there it was a direct cable run to my house. This has been working flawlessly for eleven years. I started having a breakup on HD channels. Dish sent out a incompetent sub-contractor, who could not only repair it, but also completely loss the signal .. and then gave up and left. Keep in mind I had a great SD signal and marginal HD. When he was done I had NOTHING. He just flat left the premises because, according to him, the "boss" said he was spending to much time at my location.

What a crock. Matt is working on it.

Some background info on my setup. I requested DishNetwork to install their service on my property in year 2000. The only suitable location for a clear view of the South sky was located about 30' across a shallow pond. The installer set the pole, mounted the dish, and dropped the coax in the pond and ran it to a junction box on the near side of the pond. From there it was a direct cable run to my house. This has been working flawlessly for eleven years. I started having a breakup on HD channels. Dish sent out a incompetent sub-contractor, who could not only repair it, but also completely loss the signal .. and then gave up and left. Keep in mind I had a great SD signal and marginal HD. When he was done I had NOTHING. He just flat left the premises because, according to him, the "boss" said he was spending to much time at my location.

What a crock. Matt is working on it.

Ahh that explains a lot.Definitely a unique setup.Well hopefully the new installer will get the job done right!

Success!!! I want to thank satelliteguys for providing this forum and a HUGE thanks to Matt Gonzalez of DishNetwork for staying on top of things, keeping me informed, and getting the right Tech out here to solve the problem. He really did go "above and beyond". Thanks Matt !! The solution was to install a single dish on my roof and eliminating my two-dish setup on the other side of the pond, which took the internal tech all of 30 minutes to complete. Very professional demeanor and obviously knew what to do. I'm happy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)