HD Only Package (denied)

Not really standard. No, it's not the "HD enabling fee" that shows up if you have HD equipment and no HD programming. This "leased receiver fee" of $7 (increased recently from $6) generally shows up on customer accounts where receivers have been upgraded (ie Dishn' It Up). Even if that upgrade replaces the only receiver on the account.

As far as I'm aware, it can be waived for a period of time, but not removed. At least not with the reps I've spoken with. If anyone has been able to get it removed, please share :) It really is a total junk fee - you could sign up for new service today and get the same equipment and same programming and not be charged that $7 fee. If it was enforced more fairly (only for the contract duration immediately after upgrading) or consistently (for all customers with that package/equipment, like the DVR fee) it'd be tolerable. It's neither of those, in my opinion.

Not sure if this helps or not, but the lease fee for Dishnitup 622s that are the only box on an account were eliminated on 2/1/07. See this old faxblast. I got mine in March '07 - only box on my account - and I have no lease fee.

All that leaves is:

Movie channels
Public Interest Channels
ala cart like Bloomberg

Is there anything else?

International Packages (that don't require an AT package), Outdoor Channel, Baby First, RFD TV. And a few others of the sort and, let's not forget all the "naughty" channels. Remember "movie channels" also includes the Encore Movie Pack which has Encore WEST and the themed channels for $5.

See ya
Tony

Not sure if this helps or not, but the lease fee for Dishnitup 622s that are the only box on an account were eliminated on 2/1/07. See this old faxblast. I got mine in March '07 - only box on my account - and I have no lease fee.

KyDave, thanks for the link to the faxblast, however it does say that the subs who got a 622 before Feb 28 '07, under the dishing it up program, would still have to pay the lease fee (now $7 a month), even if it was the only receiver on the acct. I'm one of those (dishing it up to a 622 in July '06) who still pays the lease fee, the 622 is the only receiver on my acct. I know there's been a lot of confusion over this lease fee so maybe this will clear it up, at least for awhile.

I used to think Charlie was just picking on me & the others (maybe he thought we looked like suckers:D) for the lease fee. He could at least give us an "atta-boy" for helping subsidize the other 622 users:)

Ooops, that should be "for those who upgraded prior to Feb 01, 2007", the lease fee still applies.

Last edited:
I have been thinking of going HD only... But I have A 622 and a 311 on my account.. Will I just get SD feeds of the channels to my 311 or get hosed on the 311?

Thanks

I have been thinking of going HD only... But I have A 622 and a 311 on my account.. Will I just get SD feeds of the channels to my 311 or get hosed on the 311?

Thanks

Initially I was getting the SD feeds as well, but with the channels available only in HD and the new ones that were added, the SD feed was left out. I do think that your 311 should down convert? Not sure.

Yeah does anyone out there have the HD only pack? If so I have a 510dvr will i have to replace it with a vip hd model or will I still be able to see some sd like cartoon network cause I see it on my vip622dvr as standard and HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)