HD OTA Antennas for local channels...in Japan?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chewbacca

Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Okay everyone, I'm new to Dish as of this week. Before i signed up, the live chat person told me that local HD channels were available for my area (Dayton, OH). It seems that this is incorrect :mad: (at least I can't find them), and that I need to buy an HD antenna to get my local channels in HD...grrr

Anyway, before I try to figure out which one to buy for my VIP 722, can anyone tell me what the HD OTA system is like in Europe and Japan? I'll likely be moving soon, and want to know if my antenna will work there or not. :confused:

And if anyone has a link to a good OTA antenna comparison forum or something, that would be sweet.

Thanks!

CB,

I'm in the Cincinnati area and I get the Dayton OTA HD stations here (via the ATSC tuner in my ViP622). I do have a very good outdoor antenna and that helps a lot. A good site to go to to fine out the type of anttena you need is AntennaWeb Put in your zip code and it will give you the tyoe of antenna you need and stations in your area.

As for what you need in Europe and Japan they have completly different systems than we have here (Japan has analog HD channels) and I would not take anything over there. You are better off buying it when you get there. If you are planning on using any of your current TVs, forget it. Most of Europe uses PAL (and power is different) and what Japan uses is not compatible with U.S. TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts