HD out of B'Ham Alabama, Knight Rider is 'crap' for me

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Anyone else getting a lot of pixel and just image breakup. It can look fine and then it starts smearing/tearing/pixels like when you're losing your signal but it's fine. It's also fine in SD of course

I have had issues with NBC but this is pretty ugly. I recorded the Daytona race today in HD off of FOX out of B'ham and in the almost 5 hrs i didn't get one issue like this for one second. I actually was finishing watching the race when this show started and noticed the image issues right away

and also, Kilmer as the voice of Kitt does not work for me and I am not sure I can even watch this show. I was a kid when the first one ran and i at least could watch it but i could be suffering from old fart syndrome

Last edited:
Well, that's good news and bad news. Thanks for confirming it's not hardware on my end!

Now to see if I can make myself watch the show. Kilmer is this low on the celeb list now, ouch

Thanks mucho!!
Tiger

yeah, I made it about 45 minutes in and switched to a recorded episode of Mythbusters. Just wasn't grabbing my attention.

Sucks about the local NBC, though. It's the only HD newscast in the area. I'll be glad when their field equipment is upgraded to HD. The weather maps look great, the studio looks pretty good, but the live shots are a little less impressive.

Anyone else getting a lot of pixel and just image breakup. It can look fine and then it starts smearing/tearing/pixels like when you're losing your signal but it's fine. It's also fine in SD of course
yes, i had the same problems too. it was about to drive my wife mad watching it (she kept wanting to switch to the SD channel, but we we were watching the show on DVR time delayed by an hour). i just kept quiet, maybe it had something to do with the recent storms (i dont remember Heros acting like that last season).

and also, Kilmer as the voice of Kitt does not work for me and I am not sure I can even watch this show. I was a kid when the first one ran and i at least could watch it but i could be suffering from old fart syndrome
kilmer's voice as Kitt was very mellow. i think i got used to it after a while, but i still like the voice of the old Kitt better.

NBC hd in Bham has had this problem for the past few days. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Watching it onDVR off Abq HD with no problems. Yeah the new kitt isn't as good as the old. The voice kind of sucks too.

Same problems in Central Alabama

This new Knight Rider sux just like NBC HD sux with all the pixel problems and image break-up. This was happening a few weeks back with the B'ham NBC HD feed and it cleared for about a month and now it's back. Maybe it will be fixed in a short time.

I have emailed dish and NBC13 to report the problem. I hope the can get it fixed. There isn't too much I watch on NBC, but when I do I sure don't want these kinds of problems!

I am watching it right now off my 722's DVR, having the problems described but not very often. On a couple commercials the audio was really digitized, almost like they're trying to recreate the effect of KITT lol.

This is what 3 months of a writer's strike gets us. And I'm not talking about the signal problem.

I had no problem with the picture quality, except that my local digital NBC affiliate apparently chose to broadcast it in SD.

I had a problem with Knight Rider as well. Picture was so awful that it made Kitt look like a Mustang.

Lolol, no kidding!

It could be worse look at what battlestar gallatica did with one of the main characters....a CHICK!
I mean add a chick but don't replace the main or second character. Yet, those that watched the first series would not know the difference but......
some things should not be changed

weird, signal 'loss' screen while half way through AI just now, 522 was fine and weathers clears as a bell in bama right now, ugh......whatever

weird, signal 'loss' screen while half way through AI just now, 522 was fine and weathers clears as a bell in bama right now, ugh......whatever
UGH, i had the SAME problem. my 722 gave the error message. but the 625 was working fine it seems. my wife was mad and saying she wanted to go back to cable (please NOOO!!). what is up with Bham HD???

This site so helps.
I still thought it was 'me' but now that you lost part of AI i feel relieved. I started sitting here waiting for it to happen. I even ran a check switch, lol
and after i played it back i think i lost around 20 mins of the show adn a couple of the better singers. I know half of what i did see sucked and i just FF'ed to hear simon rip on them

Anyways, thanks for confirming this 'second' in two nights issues out of B'ham, arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts