HD picture quality on Directv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
HD PQ on DBS providers

I've never had Direct TV, but I have both Dish and Voom and while I believe
the SD is slightly better on Dish, The HD quality is about equal. Many posts
have strong feelings about the subject, but I would have to spend many hours trying to differentiate between the two.......maybe its more apparent
on bigger screens(I have a 34" direct view) but when I compare Discovery HD, for example, the PQ is identical.

I just switched from E* to D*. From my perspective, the HD picture on E* was better than it is on D*. E's picture just seems to have more detail on my setup via component. As for SD channels, I'm still trying to form an opinion. I think they are pretty close. I think D has better color saturation but shows more compression from time to time.

I didn't have locals on E because they were not available. I've got them on D for New Orleans and I think they are pretty horrible. I see blocking all over the place. My OTA gives pretty decent reception and I can receive my most networks in high def. I'll use the D locals for time shifting only of the direct tivo.

Directv better

From what I have seen lately Directv is the best going right now,I just saw a Voom install and their PQ is no where near Directv,I wanted to get Voom for the channels but as a friend who just got installed "If you want to watch out dated movies that never were HD just reformated go for it".Guess I'll stay with Directv for the 9 th year and hope more HD comes on soon.

I would strongly advise against Dish Network I had them for close to 1 year and had numerous issues with equipment, I had there 508 and the 811, the 508 was ok but it doesent even come close to a Direct Tv tivo unit. Dish's HD looked good when I could watch it but it was not worth the headaches and their customer Service reps are the worst I have dealt with. The cancelation fees are pretty salty with Dish to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts