HD picture quality on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HD PQ on DBS providers

I've never had Direct TV, but I have both Dish and Voom and while I believe
the SD is slightly better on Dish, The HD quality is about equal. Many posts
have strong feelings about the subject, but I would have to spend many hours trying to differentiate between the two.......maybe its more apparent
on bigger screens(I have a 34" direct view) but when I compare Discovery HD, for example, the PQ is identical.

I just switched from E* to D*. From my perspective, the HD picture on E* was better than it is on D*. E's picture just seems to have more detail on my setup via component. As for SD channels, I'm still trying to form an opinion. I think they are pretty close. I think D has better color saturation but shows more compression from time to time.

I didn't have locals on E because they were not available. I've got them on D for New Orleans and I think they are pretty horrible. I see blocking all over the place. My OTA gives pretty decent reception and I can receive my most networks in high def. I'll use the D locals for time shifting only of the direct tivo.

Directv better

From what I have seen lately Directv is the best going right now,I just saw a Voom install and their PQ is no where near Directv,I wanted to get Voom for the channels but as a friend who just got installed "If you want to watch out dated movies that never were HD just reformated go for it".Guess I'll stay with Directv for the 9 th year and hope more HD comes on soon.

I would strongly advise against Dish Network I had them for close to 1 year and had numerous issues with equipment, I had there 508 and the 811, the 508 was ok but it doesent even come close to a Direct Tv tivo unit. Dish's HD looked good when I could watch it but it was not worth the headaches and their customer Service reps are the worst I have dealt with. The cancelation fees are pretty salty with Dish to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts