HD Platinum?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
A few months back, wasn't there something about Platinum being included for free, or am I just dreaming. Back in October I called Dish about this, can't remember why I made the call. This a.m., I have no Platinum channels. I thought that they were included, but Dish says no, that they will cost an additional $10.00 per month

You are right about the 3 months free promo, and most had an auto cancel. I did feel like ours was turned off earlier, but they said no. It was not a big deal except that we lost all of our HD channels that we actually sub to. However, I had to chat with a CSR to get the issue fixed, but that is a different story.

HD Platinum is an add-on currently priced at $10/month, and the channels in the package are not included with the Free HD for Life promo.

FMI, please see HD Platinum - Dish Network

It looks like they are removing HD from the name probably due to Encore Mystery, Starz Cinema, and MoviePlex being in the package in SD. I did read somewhere (maybe the at&t dish site) that the add-on would be getting a "new" name.

Mojo Jojo said:
You are right about the 3 months free promo, and most had an auto cancel. I did feel like ours was turned off earlier, but they said no. It was not a big deal except that we lost all of our HD channels that we actually sub to. However, I had to chat with a CSR to get the issue fixed, but that is a different story.

My folks had the same thing happen this past weekend. We got the HD channels restored today after an online chat with a CSR, who sent a signal to the receiver, and a reboot of the box.

Same here. I lost all HD channels yesterday morning when my 3 months ran out. Only problem is I had a number of HD events set to DVR that were not recorded because the channels had gone missing. I was actually on a chat for about 25 minutes with a very patronizing agent who wouldn't even send out a signal to restore the HD channels until he'd verified I knew how to unplug my receiver, that my TV was connected via HDMI, that I was actually trying to watch a HD channel, and so on... Very frustrating but I did get the standard HD channels back. Going to need to look on Hulu tonight for the shows that didn't get recorded yesterday evening, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)