HD PPV ISSUE ON EA -- MATT/TONY/SCOTT?

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
So it's the weekend again and I still have a bunch of PPV certificates to use up. Looks like I still only have 4 HD PPV choices rather than the ususal 20+ channels.

Does anyone know when this will be resolved?

I am on the EA, though not on 77, but the PPV isn't on 77 anyways. I have 502 (or 501 not home can't remember) to 522 HD PPV now, and have had it.

(checked my slingbox - 502 to 522 all there) Have you called dish and/or had them do a hit for you?

Last edited:
Scott, I'm not understanding. Why do I have the PPV HD channels and I am on the EA if others do not?

I have the same problem and actually started a thread about it the other day that went unanswered. So this is a known problem?

I want to apologize for the confusion – a rare electrical anomaly has recently affected one of our satellites, as well as a neighboring satellite owned by another company. As a result, the satellite that provides your HD PPVs is temporarily unavailable. This is the only time in our history that something like this has occurred. The PPV HD channels from the 61.5 Satellite have been removed, to make room for programming that needed to be moved off the 77 satellite. Our engineers are working on the issue.

Dish should consider extending the expiration dates of any PPV coupons by the length of time of the outage.

Or put a method in place to allow ordering from the receiver. I've never understood why you just can't order from the receiver and have the PPV credit (which is all the coupon is) applied. It should be trivial to do and would sure make some of us very happy.

Or put a method in place to allow ordering from the receiver. I've never understood why you just can't order from the receiver and have the PPV credit (which is all the coupon is) applied. It should be trivial to do and would sure make some of us very happy.
It sounds trivial... but have you ever seen what DISH Network uses for their computer system?
remington-univac1.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Their poor engineer Scottie keeps on screaming...

Im-Giving-Her-All-Shes-Got_6269-l.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)